Anal scar tissue due to surgeries

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal scar tissue due to surgeries

Postby wishToHeal » 29 Mar 2016, 19:16

Hi,

I just came across this forum. Hopefully I will find some help here! I had multiple anal wart removal surgeries many years ago. All surgeries happened within a year due to the warts recurrence. Warts were removed or burned with laser. Since they kept on coming back, finally doctor suggested a harsher type of laser which is called "yag laser" I believe. With that surgery, warts were finally removed BUT the scar tissue formed there never went away. It's a pretty thick scar tissue and doctors are telling me that trying to remove the scar tissue surgically would cause the body to produce yet more scar tissue, and would bring more complications. I'm looking for people in a similar situation that successfully got rid of the scar tissue there, and how they did it... Thanks!
wishToHeal

Topics: 1

Re: Anal scar tissue due to surgeries

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Apr 2016, 09:49

Hello wishtoheal

I've never had warts however the surgery I had to remove my fibrosed scar tissue has caused more scar tissue than before - I've got no blood but its very tender and sore still 6 months on. Try topical vitamin E to break up the scar tissue otherwise you're right - more surgery can cause more scar tissue,

ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Anal scar tissue due to surgeries

Postby kikaida » 15 Oct 2016, 14:38

Over 20 years ago I had anal warts for 3 1/2 years and I had to have surgery every month. The surgeon did cryotherapy and electrocautery. I have been noticing that I have been getting a lot of anal fissures in the same area where my warts were back in the 90s. I feel that probably from all the surgeries it caused scarring and thinning of the skin in that area causing me to tear more easily from bowel movements.
kikaida
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10