Finally did it 10/21 day 1

Surgery Diary day 1

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Finally did it 10/21 day 1

Postby sandrasmiles7 » 21 Oct 2016, 18:42

Hello everyone I finally did my LIS and skin tag removal surgery after canceling once and considering canceling a second time. I was super nervous and able to get a diazepam before going under. I was worried because in the last week I have not had much pain. My doctor came in and told me that she would do whatever would the minimumly necessary. The nurse was really nice that helps get the IV in and took her time. I did not have any enema or prep procedures. When I came out my anus hurt a lot probably about a 9. They added more meds to my iv and I got my pain down to about a 3.. I got home and after a nap the pain is probably a 1. I took miralx not colace because colace never works enough for me. So far I can walk around but am just nauseated. I am very open to answering any questions because this site helped me so much
sandrasmiles7
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Finally did it 10/21 day 1

Postby Happyending » 22 Oct 2016, 02:03

Congrats! I had LIS 4 weeks ago, and was also super nervous prior to surgery, especially since the days leading up to surgery hadn't been that bad. My fissure pain basically stopped immediately after surgery. But I was careful not to move around too much during the first week. My advice to you: get lots of rest, be lazy, read some books. I was back at work after 10 days.
Happyending
Salt Bather

Topics: 4