Healing process question

How long?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healing process question

Postby Pam » 23 Oct 2016, 10:31

Hi.
I started using diltiazam and lidocaine and coconut oil and noticed a significant decrease of pain. However it's still present, especially when I shift while sitting. Does the rate of improvement remain steady? Will I always have pain?
Pam
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Healing process question

Postby LemonMan » 24 Oct 2016, 13:24

Hi Pam,
The research I've done suggests most people who use diltiazem get significant pain relief after about three weeks. Don't make the mistake I made and stop using it though, make sure you keep using it for at least eight weeks.
Good luck!
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby erbear » 24 Oct 2016, 22:46

I am glad your pain is decreasing!! That's a first sign of healing. However, it can take awhile and the biggest mistake we all make is when we finally feel relief, we ease up on your strict regiment...I already see this happening to me as I have gone 12 weeks with Diltz, vitamin E oil, and wheatgrass cream and I am starting to feel better so I am beginning to get a little more flexible. Especially with your lidocaine masking the pain for you.

Keep the hope and keep the routine!!
erbear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Pam » 25 Oct 2016, 19:50

Thanks... I was beginning I feel helpless especially when my doctor started pushing for surgery after 2 weeks. It's weird. Yesterday was very painful but today was much better. I'm scared to hope...
Pam
Fibre Addict

Postby erbear » 25 Oct 2016, 20:19

I have been there. I didn't even want to go out, if every single time I had to go to the bathroom meant pain. I was even worried to travel or work. The better I got, the more I stressed I was about it coming back. I couldn't even enjoy getting better at that point. But it does get better and can take a lot of time. Imagine a paper cut on your finger but every single day you make a fist and the paper cut reopens, it would never heal. When you finally stop making a fist and let it heal, it will not heal overnight but will take a lot of time. Mine is still healing but to get where I am took 3 months. That is almost 360 times applying the medication and I wanted to cry each time. But slowly it is healing!!! You can do it <3

I was applying Diltz 4 times a day. About 2 of those applications I would also include pure Vitamin E oil and that helped the most! I also started adding Dr. Wheatgrass antioxidant creme. Every day I also have a shake to loosen my stool: one tablespoon of ground flaxseed, one tablespoon of chia seeds, 4 oz of prune juice, the rest water, with a scoop of greens powder, and a scoop of bone broth protein. Sometimes I even add aloe vera to the shake or coconut oil. All of these have healing properties. I even traveled with all of this to make sure I took it every day. That has helped the most!!! If you need help finding the ingredients, I can help you.
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby Pam » 25 Oct 2016, 20:37

I have coconut oil and the wheatgrass. I am applying it with lidocaine and ditiazam. And hot baths 30 min twice a day. I will get the vitamin E oil..rite aid? I am also taking colace x2 in am and pm and konsyl with water am and pm...... thanks for the positive feedback. This was worse than labor. At least with labor I got a baby for the pain lol
Pam
Fibre Addict

Postby erbear » 25 Oct 2016, 20:44

That sounds like a good regiment. I use sundown naturals vitamin E oil, but they are probably all the same! Haha well now I'm scared of labor and to start a family in case it comes back! It does help with this forum though to know we're not alone and it's more common than we think. Do you have an idea how to got it, as to not repeat it?
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby Pam » 25 Oct 2016, 20:46

I have no idea how I got it. I think it was gradual and I let it get worse not knowing what it was. I went to the dr after abt a week and he sent me to colerectal surgeon a week after that
Pam
Fibre Addict