3 months post op LIS-new fissures

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 months post op LIS-new fissures

Postby OliveC » 23 Sep 2016, 09:36

Chronic fissure since february 2016. Tried rectiv, miralax and docusate. No luck. I had the LIS July 1 2016. It has been a very long healing process. I've had a new skin tag form where the previous one was removed. It seems like my chronic fissure and surgical had finally healed after two months. But of course my body hates me so I developed a new fissure 2.5 months post op. Started diltiazem, healed that one quick. I developed a new tear today. Will continue diltiazem. Is this my life now? Has anyone gone through this, will ever stop? I have always followed a high fiber diet, and drink around 140 Oz water per day. I've been on docusate since february. My bms are soft but sometimes very large. Just looking for insight
OliveC
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: 3 months post op LIS-new fissures

Postby Misty789 » 17 Oct 2016, 06:03

Hi Olive,
It's been a bit since you posted. How are you doing now?
Misty789
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby OliveC » 24 Oct 2016, 08:44

I had about 2 good weeks but last week I started to get some swelling at the incision and around it again. Felt super sensitive just like first month after surgery. I've stopped diltiazem and have been using cetaphil diaper rash ointment and cetaphil baby lotion to help create a barrier which was working for a few weeks but I've developed another tear. Still on high fiber/fluids/docusate. It's not exactly a fissure but my bms just feels like it's stretching things out even tho it's normal size and soft. I have a few superficial tears that keep opening back up. Surgeon has no explanation for why this could be happening and I just can't handle that this is only happening to me. The only new thing is that I have recently added yoga to my exercise regimen.
OliveC
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 24 Oct 2016, 10:50

That sounds awful...I'm due to have LIS soon and an really hoping this doesn't happen to me. I can't really offer any advice only reason I replied is I used to do yoga a lot then stopped....but after my fissure I thought it would be a nice gentle exercise...I was wrong it hurt like hell the next day and I wasn't even doing advanced moves, I guess yoga can stretch us even where we don't notice especially any sitting or bending postures. It could have nothing to do with it of course but I doubt I will be doing yoga for a very long time
I wish you all the luck as I don't know how I would cope if the LIS didn't work
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby OliveC » 24 Oct 2016, 11:26

This is all just so frustrating. I had to decrease my running bc of all this which I why I started the yoga so I'm really hoping that's not the reason. I had high hopes for the surgery but now I'm dealing with so much anxiety and depression because it didn't work and introduced all sorts of other issues. My surgeon seems confused too which makes me feel like none of his other patients have had to deal with this. So most likely this will not happen to you.
OliveC
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 25 Oct 2016, 06:40

I just do swimming and weights now with a bit a Pilates...there is no way I could do any seated postures. I hope it's not the yoga and I truly hope that things start to improve for you as it must be awful
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Misty789 » 26 Oct 2016, 06:33

I've not had surgery yet, but I have a feeling this would happen to me, because I don't just have one fissure, I have multiple, they come and go and appear in new places. So, basically, I think my skin is too thin for using it for passing bms, and honestly think that LIS won't work for me. I'm researching colostomy, as an option. Don't know if anyone had that done, but considering the amount of pain and quality of life I have now, it sounds really good to me.
Misty789
Salt Bather

Postby OliveC » 26 Oct 2016, 21:13

Misty789. Don't let my story discourage you from lis. Like I said, from what my CRS said I'm his only patient that has had issues for this long. A colostomy is much more serious than the lis. Most people are fine. I'm going for a colonoscopy tomorrow so he can Investigate further.
OliveC
Fibre Addict

Postby Misty789 » 15 Nov 2016, 22:53

Hi Olive,
Again, it's been a while since your last post. I am still figuring out how to use this site. Wanted to ask you how your colonoscopy went and if there were any findings that shed light on this issue?
Misty789
Salt Bather

Postby OliveC » 15 Nov 2016, 23:05

Nope, the colonscopy didnt show anything concerning. I'm going for a physiology study tomorrow. The bowel prep from the scope was a nightmare so I'm nervous to have to do enemas before the procedures tomorrow.
I've been wondering if any women have noticed increased sensitivity during different parts of their cycle? I haven't found an exact pattern but there are some weeks where my scar is really swollen which makes everything miserable. Switched up my birth control to see if it helps.
I'm getting desperate for answers and trying to think of any possible reasons.
OliveC
Fibre Addict