Taking Miralax long term?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Taking Miralax long term?

Postby Pokey » 25 Oct 2016, 15:24

I have a fissure that tries to keep coming back. My doc says I can take Miralax indefinitley, which helps a lot with keeping things softened up. I was just wondering what the conventional wisdom is here about taking Miralax long term?

Pokey
Pokey
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Taking Miralax long term?

Postby erbear » 25 Oct 2016, 20:29

Hello,

My husband and I did weeks of research because my doctor said not to take it since it is a chemical and benefiber/metamucil is better since it is natural. However, miralax was working better for me than benefiber since bulking up my stool only made my stools bigger and more painful. Even on the miralax bottle is does day only to take 7 days but then a lot of the scare online for miralax was due to young kids taking it long term. So confusing and so many mixed answers.

I decided to take miralax for 7 days to at least allow by body to heal and then I created my own shake my husband and I call the super sh**tter and it has worked really well to keep my stool soft, but naturally. It consists of: one tablespoon of ground flaxseed (I usually have 1 tbsp with my oatmeal in the morning too, to equal 2 tablespoons a day), one tablespoon of chia seeds, 4 oz of prune juice, the rest water, with a scoop of greens powder, and a scoop of bone broth protein. Sometimes I even add aloe vera juice to the shake or coconut oil. All of these have healing properties and antioxidants. In the beginning I was also adding half of the recommended dose for benefiber but I've slowly taken that out, but it helped at first to not go from using it to none at all. I even traveled with all of this to make sure I took it every day. That has helped the most!!! If you need help finding the ingredients, I can help you or send you pictures of the ingredients. Let me know!
erbear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Pokey » 26 Oct 2016, 11:31

Yes I'd like the pics or a list of ingredients. I'm not sure about the flax seed though. I had to quite eating Dave's Bread as it really riled up my ibs pain and I think the flax seed was the main culprit. But I can modify your recipe I bet. Many thanks.
Pokey
Salt Bather

Postby erbear » 26 Oct 2016, 20:01

IMG_2164.JPG
For my IBS, I cut back on gluten and breads as it was making me more constipated and that helped tremendously vs taking out flaxseed. Dave's Bread is still whole wheat- which is gluten. But every single person is very different as we all have different intestinal flora, so as long as you know what is best for you, that is the most important part.

I also take Onnit probiotics which has honestly healed me more than anything in the world if you want to watch a video on this as well- https://www.onnit.com/total-gut-health/

For the bone broth, I order it through Amazon but I also make homemade bone broth since you can never beat the fresh stuff. Here is a link for benefits: https://store.draxe.com/products/bone-b ... otein-pure

For Flaxseed, I took a picture of the back of the package where it talks about how this has been prescribed for intestinal ailments for ages and each serving has 3grams of fiber and protein. http://www.everydayhealth.com/digestive ... stion.aspx

The Macro Greens are not the most crucial part of this shake. I just like how it helps Alkaline the body and the ingredients are amazing! http://macrolifenaturals.com/macro-greens-superfood/

For the coconut oil, I sent a picture of the MCT oil my husband uses for energy. It is essentially broken down chains of coconut oil. You can definitely also get the Organic coconut oil as well. The MCT oil just mixes better. In the mornings I usually heat up water and add a tablespoon of the grocery store organic coconut oil jar with lemon and honey as well. Here is a link for the MCT oil reviews: https://draxe.com/mct-oil/

Lastly, with the aloe, I don't always put this in my drink. I often switch between the gel, juice, and even the actual leaf I will eat the fillet inside. I've noticed the Lily of the Dessert has some extra stuff in it so the plant is also usually the best go to but the gel and juice is easier on the go. Here is a link for the benefits of this: http://guthealthproject.com/aloe-vera-g ... digestion/
Attachments
IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2166.JPG
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby erbear » 26 Oct 2016, 20:08

It is actually pretty difficult to attach pictures here and only lets me do 3 at a time! I'll add more.
Attachments
IMG_2172.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG
IMG_2165.JPG
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby erbear » 26 Oct 2016, 20:15

More pictures
Attachments
IMG_2175.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby erbear » 26 Oct 2016, 20:19

Let me know if this is too confusing. It won't let me see which pictures I'm posting so they are a bit out of order
Attachments
IMG_2173.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG
IMG_2174.JPG
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby erbear » 26 Oct 2016, 20:20

Last one. I'm sure there was an easier way for this...
Attachments
IMG_2169.JPG
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby Pokey » 27 Oct 2016, 11:49

Thanks. That's quite the concoction. I'll see if I can find the ingredients at the store. Sounds like you swear by it. Does it do anything for energy levels? I could use help with that too
Pokey
Salt Bather

Postby erbear » 27 Oct 2016, 16:48

Hahah it is quite the concoction. I've been taking it for about 2 months and it's really helped my overall health! Make sure to have it with a lot of water too. Sometimes the prune juice can get to me because it has a lot of sugar and I've cut back on my sugar intake but for me the prune juice adds liquid to my stool so I've tried to find the most organic but they all have a lot of sugar either way. It does take playing around with which ingredients work for you. Let me know how it goes! MCT oil is the big ingredient for energy, but that might only be found online, like Amazon.

Oh! For the Bone Broth protein, I use that one specifically because it is gut friendly. In my previous post, it sounded like I put the homemade broth in it, I don't. You can also take out protein powder too if you can only find the sugary ones that are more for working out.
erbear
Salt Bather