coconut oil

I was told using coconut oil fissures can be healed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: coconut oil

Postby messis » 27 Oct 2016, 05:58

Tell me please if it did help you
messis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby LemonMan » 29 Oct 2016, 14:01

Hi All,
I tried coconut oil for a few days, but I don't think it has really helped me personnally. I think it's like one of the other posters said - it's very soothing but I'm not convinced it actually speeds up the healing process. Perhaps I didn't give it long enough(?). I know some people here say it has really helped them though. For now I have gone back to Anoheal (Diltiazem) because this has helped me before quite a bit. Sorry I couldn't provide a more possitive report.
LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby messis » 30 Oct 2016, 00:54

It depends of the stage in which is your wound. If the wound is at its begining, that means its open it needs more than a few times to see results. The colagon which the coco oil has it supports the healing but its doesnt make miracles. But nevertheless you are the one to tell if it helps you or not. Wish you get over it soon.
messis
Salt Bather

Postby erbear » 01 Nov 2016, 00:48

Messis: What brand of FCO do you use? Can I find it on Amazon? I am interested in giving it a try!
erbear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby messis » 01 Nov 2016, 01:45

Absolute Aromas 150 ml bottle. I got it from a pharmacy but yes amazon uk has it for aproc 5 pounds
messis
Salt Bather

Postby erbear » 01 Nov 2016, 02:40

Thank you! I will order some!

Lemonman: I see you have a returning fissure and I do too :( how often and how long do you take diltz. I finally stopped at 3 months and worry about starting it up again...
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby messis » 01 Nov 2016, 06:57

I dont know whats diltz. I do though take triatec which is for blood pressure reduction. Its the second time that I have a fissure. The first time was 2 years ago after the hemo surgery. Then the healing lastet almost 3 months. Now its about 2months since I had it due to BM aftet I have had a strong fibre diet without much of water intake. That brought the fissure back. Now am almost at the end.... no pain anymore and only some stains of blood on the toil paper and that not even every time. But I keep work it out until I reach a stable healing and then am hoing to stop the softener.

I use fco and duphalac (its a softener) . Whats the diltz.
messis
Salt Bather

Postby LemonMan » 01 Nov 2016, 13:32

erbear wrote:Thank you! I will order some!

Lemonman: I see you have a returning fissure and I do too :( how often and how long do you take diltz. I finally stopped at 3 months and worry about starting it up again...

Hi erbear,

When I first got my fissure, I took it twice a day for about two weeks (silly mistake to stop). My fissure then returned about two months later, I think I took it for a further two months (morning and evening) and the fissure went after about a month, and came back after about four months.

This time I started taking it for a couple of weeks and developed a small hemerrhoid, so panicked and stopped using it and went to see my CRS (that was about two weeks ago). The way he reacted was like this was quite common, but he said the hemorrhoid should go in about six to eight weeks.

I thought I would try a few natural remedies - cocunut oil (which didn't work for me) and now I am trying Medihoney. I'm going to try Medihoney for a week to see if I get any improvement at all, and if not I will go back to using Diltiazem (Anoheal) for another two months - unless I can get botox sooner.

I have a funny relationship with Diltiazem - sometimes it itches, sometimes it doesn't (I have a theory it's related to Candida, but no proof).

I've heard some people have tried using it for six months straight, but that it can thin the skin a bit. I would advise three months should be enough to determine if it is going to work, and after that keeping your stools super soft for another year or so would probably help.

LemonMan
LemonMan
VIP

Postby LemonMan » 01 Nov 2016, 13:37

messis wrote:I dont know whats diltz. I do though take triatec which is for blood pressure reduction. Its the second time that I have a fissure. The first time was 2 years ago after the hemo surgery. Then the healing lastet almost 3 months. Now its about 2months since I had it due to BM aftet I have had a strong fibre diet without much of water intake. That brought the fissure back. Now am almost at the end.... no pain anymore and only some stains of blood on the toil paper and that not even every time. But I keep work it out until I reach a stable healing and then am hoing to stop the softener.

I use fco and duphalac (its a softener) . Whats the diltz.

Hi Messis,

Diltiazem is a drug designed to relax the anal sphincter.

See here: the-lemonman-s-diary-t10588-10.html#p124720

LemonMan
LemonMan
VIP

Postby erbear » 01 Nov 2016, 16:58

Lemonman: yeah, my doctor had me taking it 4 times a day for 12 weeks. I just read your post about diltz and I definitely didn't refrigerate it since I was traveling and working. It seemed to help but I wonder if I was technically using expired Diltz. After taking it so many times and for so long, I'm scared to start taking it again and want to beat this naturally. I was finally 2 months with no pain or anything and it came back :( I'm trying Dr.Wheatgrass cream and vitamin E. I think if I have more pain and bleeding I will go back on it but I'm scared....

I feel better I didn't use it for 6 months straight but I guess I would be if i use it again for 3 months

What is Medihoney?!
erbear
Salt Bather