Likely hemorrhoid flare

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Likely hemorrhoid flare

Postby hemmypain » 02 Nov 2016, 14:59

Hello everyone -

Was reading around for some information and wanted to see other's experience.

I'm 30 and have had rare what I think hemorrhoid issues in the past, maybe once every year or two where there would be a little pain with a BM and maybe trace blood on the TP.

So I had some GI issues returning from a trip this weekend and started to get that pain and itching and a small pea sized lesion which I think is an external H. It was more annoying than anything, but then this morning after a normal sized, soft BM there was a larger streak of bright red blood on the paper. None in the toilet. Haven't had another BM, but I have been dabbing with prep-H wipes, and using prep-h as well as took a bath today, and there is still small amount of blood that seems to be there each time I dab or leave a wipe there in case it bleeds. Not much, about the size of a quarter.

Nothing that I think I need to go to the doctor this moment about, but I wanted to see if others had experience in the past with a worse bout of Hroids when they previously haven't been that bad.

It is just making me anxious and embarrassed to spend time with my SO as well as wanting to not check every hour during the day to see if it is still spotting.

Thanks in advance
hemmypain

Topics: 1

Re: Likely hemorrhoid flare

Postby pinpin » 21 Nov 2016, 02:05

Hi and welcome to the forum, thank you for sharing your experience.

Usually external hemorrhoids do not bleed, internal do however. Try to introduce some diet for 2-3 weeks and see it is better, if it is, then try to be more religious with that - preventing following problems either with hemmies or fissures.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Likely hemorrhoid flare

Postby Deleted User 5730 » 29 Nov 2016, 20:41

Hi pinpin, so nice to meet you ....

are you saying that external hemorrhoids do NOT bleed? That is the first time I have heard of that?

I was always told both types could bleed, external and internal.

Thank you ..... Sage
Deleted User 5730