Anal fissure

Lis surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anal fissure

Postby Jimbfree47 » 04 Nov 2016, 15:12

If all else has failed and in my opinion 3 months and its still there then dobthe Lis. I did it after 9 months of massive water fiber sitz baths stool softners and nothing worked. I finally had the surgery done Oct 28 2016. First few days were worse then before surgery. Had 3 internal hemorrhoids banded same day as Lis. They gave me Morphine and occycodone which made the pain go away till that wore off and then the hell was on. By day 7 much better but not totally there. Goback to CRS on Nov 14. Time will tell. This is by far the worse condition I have ever had. My 2 cents do the Lis at least you have a chance if its not working now its not going to and may get wotse. CRS said longer I put it off worse it would get. There you have it
At least thats been my experience with this extremely annoying irritating painful garbage.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Re: Anal fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Nov 2016, 15:29

Hi,
I'm having my LIS on Tuesday with the option of hem removal...my hems have never bothered me too much and I'm worried removing these will make the pain worse and recovery longer.
So do you think the worst of the pain is from the LIS cut the fissure or the banded hems
Thanks
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 04 Nov 2016, 16:04

The banding hurt like hell after the pain meds wore off. Made me feel like I had to go likeclots of pressure.I would get it over with . My 2 cents
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Nov 2016, 16:50

Thanks Jim appreciate the advice...can't make my mind up to be honest as they have never really caused me any pain.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 04 Nov 2016, 17:19

Well good luck on the surgery. If the hemorrhoids arent a problem I wouldnt do it just saying.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist