New to yhis forum

Recurring fissures

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to yhis forum

Postby juzaaaa » 17 Oct 2016, 20:04

Hi all . I have been having problems with tight spinchter for 2.5 years. I had my first rectal bleeding 2.5 years ago. Hoped it was hemorroids and ignored it. Then year with no problems, but last christmast I had very painful povel movement and blood. This Problem did not go away, so I started diltiazem cream, with great success. My spinchter was completely relaxed. In march I finally stopped using the cream and soon BANG new pain with povel movements but no blood so I took sitz paths and hoped for the best. I finally went to a doctor this summer and he saw small fissure. I started diltiazem again, but it didnt work nearly as well as before also my skin around anus turned red and felt like sand paper. After some time I stopped cream again and got new fissure. I tried nitro ointment with very little effect and after a while I think I got some kind of allergic reaction to it, because skin where cream touch turned bright red. It cleared in few hours thank god. At the moment I am using nifedine ointment it helps a little and so far my skin tolerates it. I also ordered some L-arginine cream and hope I can use it. Almost forgot I use around 100 g of plums to keep my povel movements soft. Clorectal surgeon doesnt think my condition is severe enough to do the LIS.

All doctors I have seen about this have said that my fissures are small, but they still are the biggest factor affecting my quality of life. By the way I also have rare sarcoma and at the moment I am trying to deal with 20 brain tumors and fissures really hurt more. BELIEVE ME! So fissures really are a bitch.

Because I have tight spinchter I keep having new fissures all the time. I think I had new fissure evey moth during last 4 moths. I think they appear in slightly different places.

I feel like I have tried everything self dilation, physical therapy, pecan nuts. I once stopped pazopanib (one of my cancer drugs) to heal fissure,but then my headaches turn intolerable, so I am back on the drug.

I am scared of my fissure pain turning intolerable or fissure turning into fistula. Any advice?
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New to yhis forum

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Oct 2016, 06:11

Hi Juz,
That's awful to hear...to have to stop cancer drugs for your fissure is so unacceptable....surely if you are having to do that then a LIS is the best option for your health. You plainly have a tight sphincter so what is the problem with giving you LIS. Are you in the UK or US as I'm sure if you went to a private dr in the UK and explained everything then you would probably get LIS.
As for the L-arginine cream be careful....I ordered some and it felt like my whole but was on fire...but everyone is different and you might be ok.
Could you get a second opinion perhaps as this is such a horrid thing to have on top of your other issues.
I can't really offer much advise....have you asked about Botox...but truly understand how debilitating the pain of fissures can be.
Please take care
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby juzaaaa » 18 Oct 2016, 14:08

I actually think botox might be best move, because it is reversible unlike LIS, but private doctor I saw doesnt feel comfortable doing it, because it doesnt success as often as LIS. He wont do LIS because biggest problem at the moment is that I am afraid of fissure turning worse. At the moment rectal pain is tolerable so surgery might just increase my pain. He is worried about ansethesia also. I can still try to get LIS/botox from public healthcare, but I am not very optimistic. (They make me pay my own cancer medication and radiation.) I live in Finland country with the world greatest public healthcaresystem.

Can I just live with this fissure thing for couple of years and hope it doesnt get worse?
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Oct 2016, 05:10

Gosh I'm surprised they won't let you have Botox that's offered here once the creams don't work, and Botox has a good success rate with fissure that are caught early....my Botox didn't heal my fissure but my fissure is long and deep...but the Botox stopped the spasms straight away and my pain decreased significantly for 3 months which was lovely.
Wow can't believe you have to pay for your own treatment that's quite shocking.
You could wait if you can cope with the pain...it could heal on it's own but it could get worse...my fissure is the best it has been for over a year (excluding Botox) but it is still there and I need to use cream everyday to stop spasms so I'm going for the LIS next month...it's hard to know what to do for the best with these horrid things
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Suzie81 » 19 Oct 2016, 10:11

I feel so awful for what you are going through. My experience has just started in mid September and it is increasing in pain everyday. My GP prescribed hydrocortisone 2.5 cream for an external hem and advised to put some inside to relax the pain i'm experiencing when I move my bowels. I know your doctor doesn't think the surgery is a NEED for you but I think you should get a second opinion from a different colorectal doctor. Everything I have been reading here for the last few weeks says the surgery is the best and only curative for long term sufferers. I hope in my case this heals but after what I am reading I will push for LIS if this becomes so chronic that I can't deal with my daily life. As of now the spasms last 3-4 hours. Thinking of you and please post your outcome. x
Suzie81
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby juzaaaa » 19 Oct 2016, 18:50

I have a question I also have hemorroids. Now I have been having a lot of bleeding, which is unusual. I havent bled this much in 2.5 years. I cant believe it could all be from fissure alone. I doesnt hurt very much during and usually not at all after bowel movement. Could small fissure really bleed that much? I cant even see the external fissure anymore after using nifedine ointment for a week. As far as I understood Nifedine also helps with hemorroids as well.

So is heavy bleeding cause by fissure or hemorroid?

P.S. I try urodynamic ultrasound this Friday no any idea what it is, but lets hope it works.
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Postby juzaaaa » 11 Nov 2016, 15:19

Well I have been dilating my anus with my middle finger. I try to stretch the edges of my anal mucosa. This seems dangerous, because last time medical examination with finger caused my healed fissure to reopen. It has been worse than ever. Now after 3 weeks I dont bleed anymore and my anus looks better. it also hurts less, so I might be healing. I have continued pazopanib/votrient with half of the dose. My brain tumors give me hardly any symptoms.
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Postby Misty789 » 11 Nov 2016, 22:43

Hi juzaaa,
Glad to hear you are doing better. Heavy bleeding is mostly from internal hemorrhoids, not so much from fissures. The good thing is that you don't feel the internal hemorrhoids, as there are fewer nerve ending up the canal. Again, glad to see you are doing better. Maybe the dilation is helping, like a massage..
Misty789
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby juzaaaa » 22 Nov 2016, 23:20

Thanks for information. Had one normal size bowel movement and re ear so back to square one. I hope tear was caused by bowel movement and not self dilation, because if i can keep doing this I am out of options.
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict

Postby juzaaaa » 25 Nov 2016, 20:18

Well caused myself 1 degree burns AGAIN by taking sizts bath over 40 c temperature. Really feel hopeless here.
juzaaaa
Fibre Addict