Should I go for it?

To have LIS or not

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Should I go for it?

Postby Hafzaal » 07 Nov 2016, 13:18

Hello,

I have been suffering from a fissure for the past year now with constant ups and downs. I was 100% for approx 3-4 months but then the pain started again. My pain level is pretty tolerable in the sense that my BM are painless or very minor pain sometimes. However, I get a burning pain after my BM which sometimes goes away after a couple of hours and sometimes lingers around. This pain also is not too bad because I still go to the gym and do my workouts but its definitely not comfortable. I suffered from a fissure about 3 years ago but it healed and for those three years I was at a full 100% and then randomly it came back and now its going away. With all that being said, do you think I am a good candidate for LIS? I am seeing my CRS in less than two weeks so thought I would get your opinions. Thank you!
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Should I go for it?

Postby owmybum » 12 Nov 2016, 10:17

It really depends on what the CRS says. There is only a real reason to have LIS if your sphincter muscles are in spasm and too tight.
Have you used any creams like diltiazem or nitro?? They can help .... What about Botox?

I wouldn't rush into things, but only you can be the judge of how much you can take, and when enough is enough.

Good luck
X
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?