Help

Anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Help

Postby Dcaylor » 23 Oct 2016, 19:22

Hi guys!! I'm new here and desperate to find a way to relieve the pain from my chronic fissure that I was just dx with. I was originally being treated for hemorrhoids for 5 weeks. I have the papilla and sentinel pIle. I don't have any pain during a BM nor do I have any blood. My pain is excruciating after a BM. I've been on diltiazem ointment for about 1 week, numerous baths throughout the day..
I can not get comfortable. I can't wait 4 weeks until my follow up...
HELP PLEASE
Dcaylor

Topics: 1

Re: Help

Postby GilmoreGirl » 24 Oct 2016, 07:13

Hi there,

I'm fairly new here too, but I've managed to start healing my fissure. When it was very bad, it was just as you described - not pain during bm, but for hours upon hours after! Sorry that you're going through this I know how horribly frustrating it is. I used a similar prescription cream. I also did the baths, with coconut oil and Epsom salts - I made them as hot as I could stand to try and stop the spasming. I also sat on either an ice pack or heat pad continuously. I was not healing - then I changed a few things and it was like night and day. I was prescribed a muscle relaxant, started taking a mild stool softener once a day, relaxed completely (not even a walk to the corner store) and tried using polysporin, an antibiotic cream with pain relief in it. The next day, the constant pain had eased immensely. Maybe some of those things would help!!!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Dcaylor » 22 Nov 2016, 18:02

Thank you!! I feel amazing since my surgery. I wish i would have done it sooner.
Dcaylor

Postby GilmoreGirl » 22 Nov 2016, 18:21

Oh awesome. When did you have it done? I'm waiting for mine now. How was the recovery?
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Dcaylor » 22 Nov 2016, 19:14

Had it done 3 weeks ago. Zero pain after the surgery.
Dcaylor

Postby GilmoreGirl » 22 Nov 2016, 19:21

Wow I can only hope for that! My fissures are healing, but I still have painful spasms unfortunately! I hope the surgery will stop them and I'll instantly feel better! Thanks
GilmoreGirl
VIP