Introduction

Fissure again

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Introduction

Postby Booyah » 24 Sep 2016, 07:47

Hi everybody!
Great to see this forum.
I was having a fissure for almost 5 years and than I found a way to keep it closed for almost 1,5 years.
One week ago it reoccured :(
To keep the spasm down and the wound clean it took a long journey to find out how.
After BM I clean the fissure using my shower, rinse it with saltwater afterwards, clean it with my shower again, apply medihoney woundgel and put a cotton wool plug on top.
This I do 3 times a day in order to keep the infection away.
In addition I consume lineseeds and psyllium seed husks.
I will keep you updated.
Will my butt ever work again or do you think this condition can always reoccur?
Cheers
Booyah
Booyah
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Introduction

Postby pinpin » 01 Nov 2016, 05:54

Hi,

Welcome, and thank you sharing you story. How are you doing nowadays? Is that better?
Fissures can occur and they usually do, so try to keep the routine
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby erbear » 01 Nov 2016, 22:11

Hello,

I would also like some feedback on your healing. I am thinking of ordering Medihoney but I could not find a lot of reviews for anal fissures on their website. Did it work for you?
erbear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Booyah » 20 Nov 2016, 09:47

Hi there,
my fissure is closed but the scar tissue is still infected. -I am not done yet :( Trying hard to get rid of that infection. BM is not a problem but during the day the scar is still hurting every once in a while. I am looking for a strong ointment against the infection plus I will start rinsing the scar with clean water 6 times a day if possible. This condition is like a dark shadow ruining my life. Hopefully, it will not take many years to disappear...
Booyah
Fibre Addict

Postby erbear » 20 Nov 2016, 16:43

I definitely understand how it feels like a dark cloud that will never leave- I too want my life back!! But it helps when I remember that it is healing even when we aren't thinking about it. Have you gone to the doctors about the infection?
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby Booyah » 28 Nov 2016, 08:04

I switched from using Medihoney woundgel to pure Medihoney. It is really expensive though. I used it for a week & then I stopped for 5 days in order to give the scar some time to calm down. So far my fissure is closed an no infection any more :) -Life is bright again.- I still rinse the scar with clean water twice a day and I will use medihoney for another week just to make sure...
Booyah
Fibre Addict

Postby Booyah » 28 Nov 2016, 08:15

When my fissure reoccured I was about to go on vacation. While on vacation I did not get better. The fissure actually got much bigger (at least 1 cm). Getting rid of it took a lot of effort and dedication. The cotton wool plug in addition with medihoney and the rinsing is very much responsible for the healing. -Now I get on with my life. Cheers Booyah
Booyah
Fibre Addict

Postby erbear » 28 Nov 2016, 20:20

Thank you!! Do you mind providing the link you use and how you apply the medihoney. I know you stated you use a cotton wool plug but I am not sure what this is or how to use it?
erbear
Salt Bather

Postby Booyah » 01 Dec 2016, 11:45

Medihoney is actually manuka honey. It is especially made for chronic wounds. I applied it using a finger. The cotton wool is very important to keep the fissure dry & clean. First you take a small square of the cotton wool (2,5 inch x 2,5 inch). Then you take a corner of the square and twist it in order to get a cigarette shaped plug with the square still connected to it. Use your finger to put the plug on top of the fissure.
Booyah
Fibre Addict