Fistula with seton

First time Fistula

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fistula with seton

Postby Jpfd » 29 Nov 2016, 19:39

Been reading a lot of encouraging posts on this forum, I just had a fistula procedure done today( cutting seton-rubber band type) about 7 hours ago. Just needed some advice for home after care as no specific instructions were giving to me at discharge except for a sitz bath that sits on the toilet. Thank you so much.
Jpfd

Topics: 1

Re: Fistula with seton

Postby Chinaski » 28 Feb 2017, 15:46

I had a fistula procedure a few weeks ago and have a draining seton stitch. Likewise I was given no aftercare suggestions at the time.

I've been using a sitz bath twice a day (just warm water and a little soap) and spray it in the shower daily. I started to cycle a week after my procedure and the seton irritated the skin on my bum. So now I wrap the seton in cotton wool (I use the small circular cotton pads). It stops the seton scratching my skin and collects any discharge.

Warning - I used a small drop of dettol (disinfectant) in my sitz bath initially however after a week some skin began to peel ! so needless to say I stopped using dettol.
Bertram: What is it, my good lord, the king languishes of?
Lafeu: A fistula, my lord. Bertram: I heard not of it before.
Lafeu: I would it were not notorious.
Alls Well that Ends Well (William Shakespeare, 1605)
Chinaski
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here