So afraid :( abscess/fissure please! Any words of wisdom at

Fissures and abscess feel terrified

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

So afraid :( abscess/fissure please! Any words of wisdom at

Postby Toomuchdrama » 08 Dec 2016, 19:13

Hi all I have lurked here for some time. I have a chronic fissure which I've been battling with since June this year. I have also appeared to develop an abscess.

I go in tomorrow for surgery which I believe they hope to drain the access and inject Botox. I am so terrified only on the last two weeks have I started to get some relief from the fissure using rectogeisc and I am really afraid the surgery is going to leave me in horrendous pain all over again but I suppose I don't have much choice as the abscess is constantly draining some sort of fluid and it is disgusting!

I'm so defeated by it all, at times ive felt suicidal it really does take over our lives doesn't it?! Has anybody any experience of abscess drainage and the after pain/healing or the Botox?? I am hoping Botox will relax things as I'm constantly spasm and its all just clenched together down there :/ when people say keep everything soft and let it 'fall out' this is impossible for me as I'm so tense it just relax/dilate. Every BM is an absolute night mare/drama :(
Toomuchdrama

Topics: 1

Re: So afraid :( abscess/fissure please! Any words of wisdom

Postby Toomuchdrama » 09 Dec 2016, 12:55

Well I wish I hadn't have gone for surgery :(I had a small abscess drained, scar tissue removed from fissure? And Botox.... I have painkillers but I actually feel more pain now than I have in months so upset :( is it likely to settle soon??
Toomuchdrama

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Dec 2016, 13:23

Hi, sorry to hear your suffering, it is the day of your surgery and you will probably feel bad for a few days I had a fissurectomy and Botox and the first few day were very bad but after 2 weeks the pain got significantly less and I eventually stopped feeling any pain at all just discomfort. Botox can take a while to kick in. So I'm sure this time next week you will be feeling glad you had the surgery, plus if you had left the abscess it could have turned into a fistula.
Don't feel too down give your body time to heal. Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Toomuchdrama » 09 Dec 2016, 15:46

Thank you for replying. I think it is more the worry that it is so close to Christmas I just want to enjoy time with my family finally but I know now at least it's done and hopefully I can begin healing, absolutely dread first BM ! Trying not to eat yet lol. Is that a Fissurectomy I had? The surgeon just said they removed scar tissue from quite a large fissure. I was still quite drowsy so didn't think to ask!
Toomuchdrama

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Dec 2016, 16:49

I know it's not the best time of year to be in pain but try not to push yourself too much this first week. Yes that's what it's called when they 'clean' the fissure of old scar tissue to help it heal. The first few days were bad but I think by this time next week you will feel so much better just in time for Xmas. Keep up your sitz baths and maybe put some coconut oil and oregano oil in there. Don't be afraid to take pain killers especially ibuprofen if you can to help with the swelling, the less pain your in the less tense you are.
If you look on diaries both myself and HTD did a Botox diary neither of us had an abscess but they are different experiences and may help. I was back swimming and at the gym after 2 weeks.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20