New to the group - help !

Wonderful fissures

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the group - help !

Postby Lizza1720 » 17 Dec 2016, 09:13

Good morning. I have been suffering, and I mean suffering for about 6 weeks now. I think this all started in August when my daughters bus time changed.ninhad to get up so much earlier to leave the house, to come back and then to go to work. I was sitting twice in the morning, and my routine was messed up. Six weeks ago I was in so much pain that it brought me to the emergency room. ( not something I do ) . They said I had stage three hemroids. Well I understand I have them , but this pain is different. My butt cheeks are painful,mi feel tearing throbbing and ripping. The pain goes away about three hours after a BM with Advil. I basically stopped eating, and yesterday had my first colonoscopy. When I came out the doc said, all is goo, your colon is fine. I started to cry hysterically. It can't be. This pain is unbearable and I have not eaten in weeks. They put me back under the anesthesia and found a fissure which he said had nerve endings. Ok that explains it. But that means the hemroid cream I have been using was useless as well as the hydrocortisone and ladicane which burned. They sent me home with a Mirilax regimen, more ladicane and another cream that the pharmacist does not have yet, that blocks blood flow to that area. Follow up one week and possible surgery. Last night was fine and I finally ate. This morning watery stool I guess from the excess of Mirilax for the colonoscopy prep . Pain once again and my Advil just kicked in. Christmas is a week away and I can't function properly. Why sonlongnfor the pain to leave in the morning? How long to heal this darn thing ? Help
Lizza1720
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: New to the group - help !

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Dec 2016, 09:53

Hi Lizza and welcome,
Sorry to hear you are suffering. I too have hems and agree this pain is in another level. Over the past 18 months I have lost 8 stone.
I'm sure once you get the cream you will feel so much better as it will stop the spasms until then try sitz baths as hot as you can, I know this isn't great for your hems but it really foes help stop the fissure pain and spasms.
Try and find a balance on your BMs too as diarrhoea or watery BMs can be acidic and irritate the fissure.
The pain lasts because the fissure sends pain signals which cause the spasms....which cause more pain and stop any healing, it really is a vicious cycle.
You should be able to heal on the cream some in as quick as 2/3 weeks but keep using it for the full 8/12 weeks you are told.
In between the cream you can use coconut oil to soothe the area, also don't use toilet paper to wipe, use a shower head if you can to wash the area or wet wipes if that's not possible, toilet paper is way too harsh for a fissure.
I'm sure once you get the cream you will feel better, it really does help, some people feel relief after the first application.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Lizza1720 » 17 Dec 2016, 17:55

I hope so. Today was the first time I ate real food In a week, moderately , but I am very nervous about eating. As soon as I eat I begin to feel pressure and spasms. That I don't understand because my whole system is empty from yesterday's colonoscopy. How can you explain to people that you don't feel well from this . It's embarrassing !
Lizza1720
Fibre Addict

Postby Lizza1720 » 18 Dec 2016, 08:21

So ... Eating real food was a mistake. I only took a stool softener last night because my stomach was empty until yesterday . Nothing this morning. And I and sat and only blood with no pushing. Should I go on with my day or wait because a BM will kick in and hinder all plans. It's Christmas time and I have not been to church in a month because of the morning pain. The good news is no real pain this morning, for now. I don't want to play this game anymore :(
Lizza1720
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Dec 2016, 08:37

Maybe you can't go because you haven't eaten enough yet I went a week without eating too and it took 2 days to happen. stool softener can only work if there is food in there.
I wish I could tell you what to do for the best. Could you have a hot water with some lemon in maybe try and kickstart your intestines.
I can relate to not being able to go to your place of worship. I haven't been in 6 weeks but I know that God sees our pain and suffering and understands. He gives us the strength to carry on.
I'm glad your not in pain though and trust me if We had a choice we would all stop playing this awful game. You will get better just try and keep going
Mypoorbutt

Postby Lizza1720 » 18 Dec 2016, 09:48

I am so glad I stumbled onto his site !!! Who in your family really wants to hear all this . What a blessing to have some opinions, suggestions and encouraging words ! After my morning activities, I will take a colace later on. Maybe it will change my schedule so that I no longer go in the morning and I can go to work pain free
Lizza1720
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Dec 2016, 09:56

My family and friends had no choice lol I really do vocalise how I feel, but even they have now become bored...I mean I look well so they don't want to hear about my butt anymore.
I hope the colace works and you manage a change that would be great. I have no issue going to the toilet so am unable to offer much advice...I have to try and slow mine down.
Fingers crossed for you
Mypoorbutt

Postby Lizza1720 » 20 Dec 2016, 20:50

So I picked up my prescription of nitro-bid. Not sure if I want to take it. The side effects say dizzy and headaches, and really I don't even know where to put it lol. My bowels are back in business after the colonoscopy, yesterday the pain lasted three and a half hours and today only 2. Does that mean I am healing a little? If
T feels good to feel a little normal. I was able to finally clean up this house a little. Haha ! Any advice on the nitro ?
Lizza1720
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 21 Dec 2016, 04:49

Hi Lizza
Good to hear your feeling a bit better. Not everyone gets the side effects from the cream, my CRS said the best way to avoid them is for the first few times just apply a pea sized amount, now I out my cream about 1/2 an inch to an inch inside my anus....sorry if that's TMI...but when I'm in serious spasms I can only put it on the outside, so I guess it depends how you feel and where your fissure is. It will get absorbed if you just put it in the outside but again my CRS said to put it on the inside.
Hope you continue to improve
Mypoorbutt

Postby Lizza1720 » 21 Dec 2016, 07:00

I am not sure where my fissure is. It was after anesthesia when they talked to me, not even sure they told me. Reading the pamphlet seems so gangrenous. It's for people with heart conditions. Maybe I will try it over the weekend just to be safe .
Lizza1720
Fibre Addict