When does pain stop after healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

When does pain stop after healing?

Postby GilmoreGirl » 20 Dec 2016, 11:49

Hi again,

I've posted a similar question before but I'm at my wits end, so here I am again.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience!

I am now healed from two anal fissures that lasted about three months. I was booked for LIS, but then the horrendous pain decreased dramatically. The surgery was cancelled to see how I would continue to heal on my own.

It's been a month since this occurred. I have no pain during bowel movements, no bleeding, no sensitivity when even touching the area. I just have extreme tightness of the muscles down there - I'm assuming internal sphincter and surrounding area. To the touch, the muscles are rock hard at the posterior areas of the pelvic floor. And when standing or sitting too long, especially after bm, I get a deep burning ache. It becomes quite painful - not like the spasms mid fissure, but it stops me from being on my feet for more than a few minutes.

I'm still using nifedipine, miralax, sitz baths, and heating pads. Mentally I can't handle being so inactive any more, and the pain is exhausting - after four months of this I just need a day without pain.

Another thing to note - before I got my fissure, I had a "golf ball in the rectum" feeling and tightness that seemed to begin over night, but which was worse after a bm. I'm wondering if the fissure was a symptom not a cause of the tightness/spasms.

Please, has anyone felt anything similar? How long did it take for this burning pain to disappear?

Thanks a bunch
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Re: When does pain stop after healing?

Postby GilmoreGirl » 21 Dec 2016, 21:28

Hi again - wondering also if anyone has had these reactions from restoralax/miralax:

Stomach cramping, especially when stomach is empty

Gas pains and CONSTANT burping - I mean non-stop. For about an hour two or three times a day, I'm burping literally every second...painful stomach comes along with it. This never happened to me before taking restoralax and Metamucil - I have stopped taking fibre supplements for about three days and took only about 1/5 dose of restoralaxlast night...and for the past two days I am also having diarrhea.

I can't take all this pain and discomfort...I have no idea why this is happening, but I feel like my entire system is messed up.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Dec 2016, 04:22

Hi Hun,
I had bad stomach cramps sometimes with psyllium but have never taken a stool softener or laxative for over 20 years so can't give much help.
What would happen if you came off everything for a few days to give your digestive system a break? Obviously if that would be horrendous then don't do it, was just wondering.
Good luck Hun
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mamafizz » 12 Jan 2017, 00:01

Oh boy, GG how have you been doing? so as i mentioned Dr said the fissure is healed. That was 3 weeks post Botox but today drove to to run a few errands, could barely sit while driving. Deep Burning ache started building, and tight muscles I could feel rock hard still around the area and lasted all night even now laying on my side I can feel the pulling up muscles on either side from tailbone into buttocks, so tight and achy WTH, I just don't get it. NOt the intense fissure spasms, but this pelvic thing I suppose, Trying to get appointment. I suppose I need to give it more time, to settle down, my daughter getting married this Summer she needs me to help plan and the thought of still not being fully recovered, I think is triggering stress and making it worse? I just wish the surgeon would have said, this is perfectly normal and in a month or so, the nerves and muscles will simmer down and will go completely away. So why doesnt he just say that and I think I will get better faster?! lol I can't seem to find anyone on here who had similiar and who is completely well now? I hope you are better. I believe MPB is good now. Hope you are making headway.
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1