LIS surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS surgery

Postby ouchie25 » 14 Dec 2016, 06:54

Starting a new dairy for a new surgery! This time last year I was going in for my Botox procedure, and I was so nervous haha. Now I'm all booked in for my LIS next week and I'm so damn excited!

I'm in the worst pain I have experienced, pain 10/10 on bowel movements. Then an hour of spamming, which I had never had until the past 2 weeks. It's almost good timing because it motivates me for for the surgery. I have 10 days off work too for Chrissy so it's worked out really well (going through the public system).

Ill keep this new diary updated with my adventures of my bum. So ready for some relief, fingers crossed. :pray:
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: LIS surgery

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Dec 2016, 09:57

Good luck Ouchie,
I know what your going through and it can really wear you down. Glad you are having your LIS I'm sure you will feel so much better before Xmas. At least you will have a few days to rest and you never know there might even be something decent on the TV lol.
Look forward to hearing about your recovery :D
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby ouchie25 » 22 Dec 2016, 01:41

Day 1: LIS surgery day today! Didn't feel nervous, almost excited to get it over and done with. After the enema this morning my butt throbed all day until I went under. I felt a little bit out of it after surgery, but have now been sent home with movicol, tramadol, and an antibiotic. Can't feel anything down there whatsoever. I had a shower to take off the pad, and there was weird discharge, so I put a fresh pad on after and now I'm in bed feeling really relaxed and going to watch a movie :tongue:
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Dec 2016, 04:25

Yay Ouchie was thinking if you,
So glad it went well and your feeling okk. Make sure you rest for the next few days even if your not in too much pain, and keep up with your sitz baths too as they really do help.
I'm sure you will heal quickly and smoothly and in a few weeks can put all this pain behind you.
Take care and enjoy your movie
Mypoorbutt

Postby ouchie25 » 22 Dec 2016, 06:52

Thanks so much MPB!!
Yes I'm planning on doing 2 baths per day. My nurse recommended salt baths, but I only have epsium salts, do you think it will matter?? How is your recovery so far??
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Dec 2016, 10:10

I would think Epsom salts would be fine they are salt and they have magnesium in to stop spasming. My CRS recommended 6 baths a day but I only did 2 think it might have helped if I had had more.
I had a very rough first month but that was mainly due to a really bad IBS flare up, now I'm on new meds it's started to get a lot better thankfully.
Mypoorbutt

Postby ouchie25 » 22 Dec 2016, 14:29

Have you tried a low FODMAPS diet for your IBS MPB? It is evidenced based and is meant to provide relief for IBS and target specific foods that can trigger it. Xx
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Dec 2016, 14:52

To be honest my go too foods are sausage and mass produce white bread, gluten doesn't bother me at all really. I am lactose and fructose intolerant. I did try FODMAPS for a while and some of the foods on it are my safe foods. But only the meats and a few of the veg. The best time I had was on a raw food diet ie meat veg nuts...but it took my colon about 2/3 month to get used to the veg and with my fissure I can't risk that amount of time going to the toilet 6/8 times a day. Then if I get run down for any reason my crohns plays up....quite frankly I should have looked after myself better but I was younger and felt left out of the drinking and going out for meals so I ate whatever I wanted didn't care if that meant numerous trips to the toilet....oh for a crystal ball at the age of 20 to see the pain I'm in now lol.
Mypoorbutt

Postby ouchie25 » 22 Dec 2016, 14:58

Haha I know right.... Hindsight is a bitch!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Dec 2016, 14:59

Oh yes....if only :lol:
Mypoorbutt