Painful BM - MOM lost its magic

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Painful BM - MOM lost its magic

Postby secretmission » 23 Dec 2016, 14:26

Hello everyone,

Would be really grateful if someone can give me some advice ...

Ever since I had my second baby (4 months ago), my old fissure came back and I can't seem to pass any stool without straining. I tried softeners (no use), fibres (made BM more painful to start), prunes (gave me explosive stool, which is painful to start BM again), coconut oil (can't seem to feel an effect), honey (no effect), Then I found milk of magnesia from this site.

It gave me a beautiful month of relief where my stool just completely became water and would just slide out without needing me to strain. Then all of the sudden, about two weeks ago, MOM seemed to have lost its magic and one BM gave me a tear and I had to strain. So the next day I increased the MOM dosage by a little and still the same. Then I kept increasing the dosage until it got to a point where I had to go three times a day, so I dropped the dosage back down to control the BM at once a day, but the daily tearing when BM starts is still happening.

I don't know why but even after my stool has completely become water, when it first came out, it still is very difficult to start and I can feel this enormous push that's about to create a tear. The push actually feels very airy. And when the stool does actually come out, sure enough it's painful like anything and that enormous push would create a tear as the stool came out.

After the movement started, the rest of it I can feel is just all water . Sorry for the long story but did anyone else have similar stories? Just what else can I do to start BM without tearing? I have been monitoring my diet to see if there is any food that triggers this, but I haven't found anything of interest either.

Really hope someone can help ... This daily tearing is really testing ....
Thank you so much ...
secretmission
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Painful BM - MOM lost its magic

Postby secretmission » 23 Dec 2016, 14:30

And I use nifedipine too. But not too sure what it does.
secretmission
Fibre Addict

Postby suzyljank » 23 Dec 2016, 18:33

Have you tried miralax? It softens too and it's easy to adjust your dosage up or done. Be sure you're drinking plenty of liquids, that also helps... hope things get better, Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby secretmission » 26 Dec 2016, 14:31

suzyljank wrote:Have you tried miralax? It softens too and it's easy to adjust your dosage up or done. Be sure you're drinking plenty of liquids, that also helps... hope things get better, Suzy

Hello Suzy, I haven't tried miralax, I was under the impression that it bulks up the stool?
I concentrate all my water overnight. If I drink much during the day, I would need to poop more than once and I am trying to avoid that ...
secretmission
Fibre Addict

Postby secretmission » 26 Dec 2016, 14:42

Actually miralax website has a table comparing a number of constipation treatment methods out there and miralax and milk of magnesia are quite similar , miralax draws water into the colon and MOM into the intestine...
secretmission
Fibre Addict

Postby secretmission » 26 Dec 2016, 15:20

I have to sit on ice pack all day including at night after I went to bed, otherwise the pain is unbearable even after a lot of ibuprofen. I never get stomachache but these few days I have a constant stomachache, so I suspect it's the ibuprofen. I read from this site that heat pad helps with the healing but at the moment it hurts too much to go off the ice ... Yesterday I went to the gp to get naproxen, I haven't started on it yet. I am a bit worried about my stomach. But after the BM this morning, it looks like i don't have a choice anymore...
secretmission
Fibre Addict