Am I getter better?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Am I getter better?

Postby jdavy12 » 01 Jan 2017, 12:47

Hi there everyone. Entering week 6 of my first AF. Thanks to everyone out there with advice.

My AF has been odd, minimal blood from the start but severe pain as everyone here describes. I usually have one bowel movement in the morning then spend the rest of the day recovering until the horrible process repeats itself!

I didn't know what it was at first so wasn't treating it well. But now I'm on day 5 of strict diet (all natural, high fiber), Metamucil, milk of magnesia, sitz baths, etc.

My stools are very soft and comfortable, and I don't have sharp pain anymore during the movement over last two days. However, I still get burning starting right after (less than 10 seconds after I'm done). That's pretty intense and still requires warm baths to feel better throughout the day.

Anyway does it sounds like I'm getting better? How did you guys know when you were on the path to healing? Thanks
jdavy12
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Am I getter better?

Postby jdavy12 » 02 Jan 2017, 12:55

Exciting update! Today I had no pain during or directly after bm! Omg! Still feel it back there and had some slight pains/spasms a few hours later (when it's usually the worst for me) but I think I am actually making some progress! Woohoo!!

I think heating pad has made a big difference. Hope to have another happy update again soon!
jdavy12
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2