I'm home

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I'm home

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Mar 2008, 14:03

Hey Chris Image , isn't LIS amazing thing ??? When it works it works like a charm Image !!! Now you are on the strait road to be pain free !!! Yes, small amount of bleeding from incision site is completely normal - mine stopped in 2 days and I hope it will be same with you. Since I had fissurectomy too, I continued having some pinkish discharge from the anus in very small amount for about 2 -3 weeks I think.
Some research pointed that LIS might help with hemorrhoid healing too, so I think your CRS was right when he said that you probably will not have problems there either Image !!!
I am so happy for you !!!! Image
May your healing continue smoothly and completely Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 14:54

That LIS is amazing! I am so glad they didn't have to do any extra surgery. Do you have much time off?

So glad you are feeling better than you did before and your first BM is behind you. That is wonderful news! :potty:

Postby buttgirl » 15 Mar 2008, 13:39

Thanks everyone.
LIS is amazing. I was a little afraid this morning because I didn't go right away, but when I did again no pain...well just a little at he incision site. It stung like soap in an old papercut--not bad at all. after over two years of pain, i'm in disbelief.
I have two weeks off, which I am fully intending to use. I've got wrok to do at home and videos to watch.
I really apprecaite all the good thoughts from everyone. They really made me feel better and able to cope. It's amazing what benefits a positive attitude has on these things.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 16 Mar 2008, 12:15

chris - i'm glad you're doing so well! what a relief! take it easy for the next 2 weeks and you'll be better than ever soon. Image this has been a long time coming for you
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby happyass » 19 Mar 2008, 08:33

yeeeeeeeee buttgirl you've done it and you've survived it and you are hear to talk about it!
you've made it.
i think we need to rephrase that say 'if you can make it in NY, you can make it anywhere" to something like 'if you can deal with an anal fissure, you can deal with anything'.......
anyway, hope you recover well and that you take care of yourself.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 19 Mar 2008, 11:57

thanks juney and HA
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67