Anal sex

Wait until all symptoms are gone?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal sex

Postby efr97 » 25 Jan 2017, 06:59

Hi everyone

My fissure has been bothering me for almost two years now. After several rounds of Rectogesic and being very careful with diet and using all sorts of creams, squatting at the toilet etc. it feels -somewhat- better.

Whereas before I would very often notice a sort of stingy pain, feeling of tightness etc. this has now reduced to short instances that settle down in a couple of hours. However, I still have quite a bit of discomfort, a burning feeling, a couple of hours after a BM. I am considering botox or even operation in order to completely be rid of this problem, but my GP advises against it, urging me rather to be patient.

I am however starting to get impatient. Anal sex is an important part of my sex life, and I have been totally abstinent from that since my fissure appeared. It is something that I really miss, and would like to resume at some point. Maybe not full size penetration, but at least some smaller toys, beads, buttplugs etc. I´ve heard that anal penetration can actually be beneficial as it may contribute to stretching the tissues, making the anus more resilient.

What do you think, does anyone on here have experience with resuming anal play after a fissure? Is it safe? How to go about it? Precautions? Should I wait until I´ve been totally symptom free for a long time, or could it actually contribute to healing?
efr97
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: Anal sex

Postby LemonMan » 25 Jan 2017, 12:31

Hello efr97,

Looking at your question purely objectively I would say it's a case of risk vs potential consequences. If you feel your fissure is under control you may feel the risk is small of complications, but the consequences of causing a larger tear could be very significant and leave your life in tatters. I'd have to say given that you're best off avoiding it and opting for other forms of sexual gratification.

The jury is out on the dilation debate as far as I understand it, but I do know it's not a preferred medical treatment these day.

Best, LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby efr97 » 27 Jan 2017, 06:10

Ok, so I should continue abstaining from anal sex while I still have symptoms then.

I guess the thing I´m asking about is more to what degree a chronic fissure that has healed "naturally" is prone to retearing after it is healed, and for how long in which case. It would be very helpful if anyone with actual experience of this would chime in.

Given that this has been going on for 2 years now, the whole thing boils down to if I should re-consider operation.

Never engaging in anal sex again is not an option for me.
efr97
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby Savaici » 27 Jan 2017, 07:09

Hi there efr97,

These are some links on the board re dilation. There is a great difference, of course, between using dilation as a solution, and using anal toys... In the beginning you have to concentrate on the solution, and speaking from experience, it can take up to 18 months. You might like to read Suzyljank's posts too; she had double flap surgery for severe stenosis and dilates.

You will notice that most who dilate and have written about it on here do not come back. :sunny:

search.php?keywords=Dilation&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222