New Anal Fissure

First Anal Fissure and I am scared

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

New Anal Fissure

Postby duvled2020 » 29 Jan 2017, 01:37

Just four days ago I had a big bowel movement where I had to strain really hard which left me in pain. Then the next day I had another bowel movement which resulted in some blood and A LOT of pain. Looking through the internet I figured that I most likely had just experienced an Anal Fissure and so I searched for some treatment. Figuring that I was most of the time constipated I decided to change my eating habits and drink more water. A problem I currently have though, is that I haven't had a bowel movement since then but I had several urges to do so. The only reason why I can't seem to have one is because it is again constipated and I am also afraid that my fissure will get worse if I strain to get out the stool. Also I have been reading several other peoples problems with anal fissures, which have scared me A LOT because anal fissures seem to go on for years with the re-ripping of the fissure.....I am honestly so scared that mine won't heal as well...any support or most importantly suggestions on healing this fissure quickly would be much appreciated because when I go back to school I will have to sit on a chair for the whole day which won't help my bum or fissure at all...

:thanx:
duvled2020

Topics: 1

Re: New Anal Fissure

Postby myrear » 29 Jan 2017, 21:28

Sorry to hear of your issue. I have had a fissure in the past. You need to get to a good proctologist and be properly examined and diagnosed. Don't go off half cocked. I was hesitant at first but doc. got me on a nitro cream. It gave me an instant headache when using it but it did make it go away. Don't put it off. Good luck.
myrear
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: New Anal Fissure

Postby William2 » 30 Jan 2017, 19:14

Colace (ducosate sodium) is a great short-term stool softener. Take it and drink lots of water. They make glycerin suppositories for lubrication, if you need something more immediate as well.
Eat lots of fiber (with lots of water!).
Advil helps with pain if the fissure isn't too bad.
Sitz baths are great for loosening the muscles down there to reduce pain and promote healing.
Definitely get to a colorectal surgeon (protologist) ASAP! Gastrointerologists didn't do anything for me.
8/09 - 12/10: fissure, cured by LIS/fissurectomy
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 24