Milk + Fissure - Argh!

Milk + Fissure - Argh!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Milk + Fissure - Argh!

Postby fissuressuck » 01 Feb 2017, 01:06

First time posting on this forum, but this certainly isn't my first time dealing with fissures. 16 yrs ago I had a bad diet and had one of those "bowel movements" that felt horrible. I had no clue what it was and dealt with pain for 3+ yrs. Saw multiple docs and they had no clue either. Finally found a guy that thought I was lactose intolerant. Stop taking milk and things smooth out somewhat, but still pain. A couple more years goes by and a colon doc figures I have a fissure. I go on nitro cream, but no luck. He does "something" (not sure what) and partially heals it. Diet changes somewhat fissure heals... yay! However, now I'm lactose intolerant to be safe, avoid a tense rectum, and allow decent bowel movements. Also use anusol plus cream to grease the skids before bowel movements just in case. All is mostly good besides the occasional hemorrhoid. Typically I can push those bad boys back in ... so no major issues

Fast forward to present day. I have to take antibiotics for some weird sinus/bleeding thing that lasted 1month. On antibiotics, and dang I feel good. Eat a few milk products, no problem. Don't get the tightness around my bowels I usually get with milk. Then decide - hey, might as well try a bit of Greek yogurt. Next day have an excited bowel movement, nothing too hard but then I feel the riiiiip on the backside of my bowel. I'm thinking oooh nooo what did I do. The pain commences around that area, and as had happened many years ago the rest of the rectum goes in tense/serious pain mode. Can't relax it, can't sit down for very long. massive massive pain at times. Into day 10 of this. See a colon doctor, and they are pretty much useless. Says eat fiber, use bath, but that's it.

So that's my life story. Now I'm trying to figure out how to survive through work. Couple Qs:
1) I heard Aleve helps - should I try it? I plan to if the pain gets too bad to reduce the swelling.
2) Are there discrete "butt donuts" for use at work? I'd hate to be that "guy" that everyone knows has a butt problem.
3) Why the heck does milk cause my rectum to tense up? Anyone else have this problem? Is milk causing things to tense and hence the tear, or is the milk causing things to inflame real-time and hence the tear? It's very odd and seems to be the source of all my problems.

Any advice would be awesome. If anyone solves my riddle of a rectum problem I would be forever grateful.
fissuressuck

Topics: 1

Re: Milk + Fissure - Argh!

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Feb 2017, 13:18

Hi FS
Sorry to hear your suffering
I would advise getting a second opinion as if you have a fissure there are lots of things to try, you shouldn't have to suffer.
I take gabapentin for the pain it the only thing that has ever touched it not sure if that's the same name if your not in the uk
Do not use a donut they put more pressure in that area and if it's a posterior fissure can spread the butt cheeks too much...my CRS says they cause more harm than good.
Also I'm sure you are avoiding toilet paper but try to use a shower head or bidet or if nothing is available then wet toilet paper.
I to am lactose intolerant but quite badly so...one spoon of yoghurt leads to 20 trips to the toilet. Milk is very inflammatory so maybe that is it or maybe your whole digestion is tightening because of the milk but you notice the sphincter a lot more.
Good luck and please go back to the DR
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: Milk + Fissure - Argh!

Postby Jimbfree47 » 01 Feb 2017, 14:50

Sounds like Fissure to me. Everyone has a different tolerance for pain. I try to avoid pain killers because they can promote constipation which is a major no no with Fissures as anyone knows that. CRS. doctors usually give you the sitz bath fiber ointment water routine and some relief but I have found these are bandaids. More fiber has helped and also increased gas production. Can be very embarrassing in public. I had the Lis surgery 3 months. ago. I still can have pain after a BM especially if its not soft. For me its trial and error. Find what works to relieve your pain and stick to that. I was told by 3 different doctors that it can take many months for that area to heal and that's after LIS. Having the surgery is a personal decision but I can say this. I found myself doing the same things after LIs. Something to consider. My 2 cents worth
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2