Post op Botox - help!

Post op Botox -help!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Post op Botox - help!

Postby Mincey » 01 Feb 2017, 05:59

Hi, new user to this forum.
I have been suffering from chronic anal fissures for over a year now and tried all the creams, lotions, potions etc.... nothing has worked, was waiting for the NHS in England for a hospital appointment and as the pain was still bad, went private.
I had the Botox operation 7 days ago, and the pain now is far far worse than it ever was before.
From discomfort and pain before, which although horrible, I could manage, now the pain is unbearable, I'm crying in agony After a BM, which lasts for hours.
It is now effecting my work, which is embarrassing.
The pain and the constant stinging is just unbearable.
I'm not eating as I don't want to go to the toilet.
Anyone else had the Botox and can let me know what to expect?
Is it supposed to get worse, before it gets better?
Mincey
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Post op Botox - help!

Postby suzyljank » 01 Feb 2017, 09:21

I'm sorry you're in so much pain, I don't believe it's supposed to hurt like that. I never had botox though, my CRS doesn't use it. Call your doctor back and explain what's going on. I know it takes a while for the botox to kick in but constant pain doesn't sound right.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Mincey » 01 Feb 2017, 09:40

Thanks for the reply. I've called the doctor back and am booked in to see him today!
Mincey
Fibre Addict

Postby suzyljank » 01 Feb 2017, 11:39

Good luck hope everything goes well. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Feb 2017, 11:58

Hi mincey
Sorry to hear your suffering
I had Botox in June last year mine is slightly different as I had hours and hours of crippling spasms before the Botox...these stopped after the Botox
But I was still in pain I would say about a level 7 and couldn't have gone to work for two weeks after. It took me about 5/7 days to be able to walk 5 mins to the shop.
Botox takes anything from 2 to 6 weeks to kick in
I would advise phoning your CRS just to check and maybe asking your GP for gabapentin as this is the only painkiller that has ever worked. I was on Valium after the Botox...didn't touch the pain.
Don't give up hope read mine and HTDs Botox diaries if you feel up to it as it does show how long it can take to kick in and how different people have different ideas of a good BM lol
You will get through this hun
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Mincey » 01 Feb 2017, 15:32

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've seen my GP today and been prescribed stronger painkillers, and am seeing my surgeon on Friday. I really have never known pain like this! I'm new to this forum, the Botox diary you mention, how do I read this?
Mincey
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Feb 2017, 16:13

Glad you have stronger pain killers,
If you type in Botox diary in the Search box or just click on the diaries heading there are a few on there specifically about Botox
It will get better than it is now
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mamafizz » 03 Feb 2017, 16:03

Mincy I had botox alittle over a month ago after 6 months of excruciating pain from fissure yes the same thing happened to me. It is getting better somewhat, most likely it has enraged and inflamed swollen veins high up and it will remain very sore and it took about 4 weeks to notice some improvement. I am taking RHOID AID which is a natural supplement to help naturally inflammation and swelling and overall blood circulation. takes such a long time. I have a tight knot of muscles that do not want to relax but spasms are not near as strong as before and in time I am told these other symptoms will ease as well. But month over month. Patients is key. I am learning new patience. God hears all prayers.... Will be better soon I am sure
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1