LIS surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS surgery

Postby ouchie25 » 25 Jan 2017, 06:49

I think so! Apparently they take about 6 weeks to heal! I was so sick of the rollercoster of thinking I was healing, then the next day the pain was all back on, so decided it was time for the LIS, no regrets thus far!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby ouchie25 » 25 Jan 2017, 06:58

5 weeks post op: I have booked an apt with my surgeon in 2 weeks time, so looking forward to seeing what he has to say about my progress!

Not much to update. No pain on bowel movements, slight bleeding with each BM, and a general discomfort feeling down there after a BM. Mild soiling continues...

My butt is also feeling irritated with so much frequent wiping with cleaning the leakage.. so that's not helping either.
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby Johnny91 » 25 Jan 2017, 08:23

Regarding that irritation you mention, try applying some sudocrem after bms...
It does help me when i have a rerip. It soothes itching and pain.
What i really need to know is if LIS actually gets you back to almost normal and not having to go through a nightmare for a week or two after a hard bm.
I go at least twice a day and most of the time are very soft and bulky but once in a while i get this hard ones that ruin my day/week and get me back to being stressed...
Johnny91
Salt Bather

Postby paine » 03 Feb 2017, 03:45

Hi ouchie. How is your incision site now? Mine at day8 still hurts.
paine
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 03 Feb 2017, 04:00

Hello!

No pain on the incision now! It did take a couple of weeks though for the pain to go. Now it's just tightness, and still some blood but this is likely from my fissure still.
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Feb 2017, 04:53

So pleased for you ouchie, glad it has been a complete success :Rock:
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby paine » 03 Feb 2017, 21:38

Thanks ouchie for the reply. Im really looking forward to that 2 weeks. Im still having shooting pains from time to time on the incision site.
paine
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 10 Feb 2017, 06:07

7 weeks post op: Well, my worst nightmare happened last week. During sex my partner accidentally hit the wrong spot and omg, instantly started crying and bleeding... felt like I was completely ripped back open.. My partner felt terrible of course, not the most romantic experience ha! Anyhow I doubled my movicol for the rest of the week, and I only had pain the very first BM after the incident, the rest of the week was pain free - but my poo was literally mush..

Anyhow, yesterday I saw my CRS. And he reckons my incision and the fissure is healed.... Which I completely doubt seeing as what had happened only like 5 days prior. And as for my ongoing soiling, he says to cut back the Movicol and that would cease.

So my plan now is to continue 1 satchel of movicol a day for 1 more week then maybe start weaning now ever so slowly. My CRS doesn't seem to think I will get another fissure, but I'm sceptical!
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 02 Mar 2017, 06:28

10 weeks post op: Well, good news! So I have been off the movicol probably for the last 2 weeks, and my stools have been big and hard as usual and no re tear no pain no bleeding! It def does not feel as normal as it used to, but more like a tightness or uncomfortable feeling on both the incision and fissure scars with BMs. So I'm really happy with this result so far, but I know with these fissures a set back is only one bad BM away. I'm not soiling anymore either, that stopped maybe about a week ago. Hopefully this is my new normal 8)
ouchie25
Salt Bather

Postby ouchie25 » 25 Mar 2017, 06:12

13 weeks post op: I'm am SO happy with my progress I have made so far!!! The past couple of weeks I actually feel back to normal. As in no discomfort or tightness anymore with BMs at all! First time in probably over 2 years...

The only thing that does happen now is after a BM the scar tissue tends to swell, but i can't feel it at all, so it doesnt bother me.

I find as long as I have weetbix for breakfast each morning, that's enough to keep me regular and prevent any hard stools. Also still use wet wipes, I don't think I could ever go back to regular toilet paper!

I'll give it another 3 months before I would feel comfortable to say I have been cured. I honestly felt like I was never going to poop normally again, so far so good!!
ouchie25
Salt Bather