Thrombosed Hemorrhoid help please (picture)

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Thrombosed Hemorrhoid help please (picture)

Postby poopingsucks » 02 Feb 2017, 19:37

Hello,

So a few days ago, I noticed a painful lump at my 9 o clock position. I have suffered with hemorrhoids and fissures for years. I finally have my bowel habits down to where i have no hard stools, so I haven't suffered from a fissure in quite some time. However, hemorrhoids do still happen every few months because I'm told they are permanent. Usually when they get external and painful, I do daily sitz baths and apply hydrocortisone cream or suppositories (depending on location). Well this time, the hemeroid doesn't seem to be shrinking like it normally does. I went to my GI doctor and he said it was thrombosed because of the size and color. I was confused because I was told thrombosed hemorrhoids are unbearable pain that cause you to run to the emergency room. Well the pain is steady, but not unbearable (certainly not comparable to a fissure). When inspecting myself in the mirror today, I noticed a black spot to what appears to be a cut, but after some reading is most likely a pool of clotted blood. I don't believe this was there a few days ago. I'm worried that I have 'impending doom' and it will get worse and worse until I have to go to the ER. Is there any hope of this resolving on its own with sitz baths and ointment? I'm terrified of getting the excision done by a CRS (though if I end up going to the ER, I have a feeling I will let them do whatever they need to to reduce the pain).

Thank you everyone for the help - here is a picture ***WARNING***

http://imgur.com/a/ORh4W
poopingsucks

Topics: 2

Re: Thrombosed Hemorrhoid help please (picture)

Postby Savaici » 03 Feb 2017, 15:25

Looks like a thrombosed hemorrhoid to me, but that a purely an unqualified opinion having had one. Try using ice, for just a few minutes and wrapped in a towel to reduce the swelling. And Google thrombosed hemorrhoid and use our search under the pic too.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby poopingsucks » 03 Feb 2017, 18:51

Thank you for the reply....is that dot anything to worry about? If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be nearly as worried. I just don't want it to be some sort of necrosis or something.
poopingsucks

Topics: 2

Postby Fyourmermaid » 13 Mar 2017, 14:48

Hi there! Im sorry about your hemmie. I was misdiagnosed with what they thought was a thrombose but in actuality i had a fissure hidden behind the hemmie. But before they figured it out my doctor told me to try this home treatment for my "thrombose" hemmie. He said the sit on a pile of granulated sugar 3 times a day. He told me to spread my cheeks so that the sugar was in direct contact with it. I found a better way was to get a small rag, wet with warm water and pack on some surgar on it. Then apply it to my hemmie. Once the rag was in the right place i just got back up and my cheeks would the rag in place for 20 minutes. I will say that my hemmie shrunk after a couple of days buy again the fissure was the cause of my pain. How about giving this a try? I know it sounds crazy but what have you got to lose. Also would like to say an actual surgeon at my hospital recommended this not some homeopathic doctor. Hope it reduces for you.
Fyourmermaid
Salt Bather

Topics: 3