Issues Sitting?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Issues Sitting?

Postby JustWantToSitAgain » 26 Jan 2017, 16:20

I've been reading this forum for weeks now as I have had a fissure for over 2, you have all been a big help. Currently, I am using suppositories to loosen me up and have recently added coconut oil to soothe the area.

I haven't seen anyone say anything so I figured I'd ask. Issues sitting. I feel like the pain runs right up my butt cheeks. When I told the doctor I was having trouble just sitting he said that this is normal.

I do find my internal sphincter is tight (especially morning) and have been trying to focus on keeping it looses goosey.

I had a BIG bowel movement Monday (now Thursday) and then some diarrhea for hours afterwards with no pain and since then I have had what I call rabbit poop. Some quarter size, down larger, some smaller coming out.

Like I said my issue is staying seated. It's a pain, literally and figuratively. I've been laying in bed all day for a week but start work on Monday. I get up and walk when I can, try to stretch a bit (tight in the back end when putting socks and boots on), and have gone to some movies where sitting is necessary but it never seems to help or get better.

Anyone gone through this also?

Thanks,
S.
JustWantToSitAgain

Topics: 1

Re: Issues Sitting?

Postby monkeybutt812 » 27 Jan 2017, 15:35

I am also having issues with sitting. It seems there is no comfortable position. I have an external skin tag that is always sore and easily gets irritated when I have to sit. Been having problems for months. It ebbs and flows. I'm currently a student and just started a jam packed semester. I have to sit long hours in class like over 20 hrs a week. On top of that I have to drive 4 hrs a week, not to mention eat and study. I have had issues with my butt for a long time now and I think due to the current circumstances the problem is being exacerbated. Idk now what to do other than what I've been doing. I've tried everything in terms of creams, ointments, and self-care measures. I'm going to try wearing cycling shorts next class and long drive. Idk it if will help.
monkeybutt812
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby William2 » 04 Feb 2017, 10:38

Sitting seems to make me worse. I improve over the weekend, when I can lay on the bed or stand (although standing bothers me a bit, too). By Monday, the discomforting cramps have lessened. However, they get worse after each weekday, and I've had to leave work early many times.
8/09 - 12/10: fissure, cured by LIS/fissurectomy
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 24

Postby GilmoreGirl » 04 Feb 2017, 11:15

It may help if you can sit on a heating pad...not always the most discrete thing but i find it does help.

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Chinaski » 16 Feb 2017, 07:16

I use a donut cushion. It's a circular foam cushion with a hole in the middle. It makes sitting more comfortable for me. I bring it to work and put it inside a pillow case - it's pretty discreet. I got it in Mothercare.
Bertram: What is it, my good lord, the king languishes of?
Lafeu: A fistula, my lord. Bertram: I heard not of it before.
Lafeu: I would it were not notorious.
Alls Well that Ends Well (William Shakespeare, 1605)
Chinaski
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Savaici » 16 Feb 2017, 12:40

Donut cushions for anal fissure are not recommended by most CRSs. They are more suited to hemorrhoid problems/surgery. They restrict blood flow to the area and with Anal Fissures this is counterproductive, opposite of what you want to achieve. Just use a soft cushion.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby William2 » 27 Apr 2017, 15:13

This wheelchair cushion has been awesome (I've bought 3):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KPN98U
8/09 - 12/10: fissure, cured by LIS/fissurectomy
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 24