advice on surgery

Chronic fisure need advice on surgery option

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: advice on surgery

Postby Mypoorbutt » 13 Feb 2017, 16:52

I use coconut oil to help moisturise the area...oregano oil to stop infection and comfrey to help healing...but you have to be certain there is no infection as comfrey works really quick...I'm sure this helped my really deep fissure as even my CRS was surprised by how quick it healed.
How are you feeling now Katie x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 13 Feb 2017, 17:06

if your worried about infection hun maybe bathe your fissure with some warm salt water daily too I have been doing that for a while now x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Katie » 14 Feb 2017, 11:54

Mpb I think I'm doing ok it still hurts to go to the toliet and after I guess it would do till all healed 100% which I don't know how long it will take its been 4 weeks this Thursday bit worry I never will x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Feb 2017, 12:18

Can you see the fistula then Hun does it look like it's healing well? Yes I think it will be sore for a while as it's such a sensitive area and doesn't really get a rest. Can't believe it's been 4 weeks already that's gone so quick. x
Mypoorbutt

Postby Katie » 14 Feb 2017, 12:57

No I can't see the fistula or my fissure I can only see the hole were My skin tag was at the bottom x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Becka456 » 15 Feb 2017, 15:48

so I have managed to get a cancellation for the ultra sound on Friday, anyone had one? and what does it look for? I just have to wait to have that done and the results and I should finely be able to go ahead with the LIS. im so excited about having it done but so anxious it wont work!
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 17 Feb 2017, 18:17

so I had the ultra sound done today and my god it was so painful, I wasn't expecting it to be so rough, in fact the reason it hurt so much was because by him being so rough he split open my fissure :(( I was so annoyed I only looked at my fissure this morning and I saw skin forming over it now its all open and raw!
The only good news was that he said my muscle looked healthy and not damaged so i should be ok to go ahead with the LIS, now just got to wait to hear from my consultant and hope for a date soon.
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Feb 2017, 07:24

Oh my life Hun that's so bad....I had that done but although it was uncomfortable and not pleasant the lady doing it was as gentle as she could be in the circumstances. I can't imagine how painful that must have been for you
So glad you can have the LIS though...at least then you will be free of this pain
Mypoorbutt

Postby Becka456 » 18 Feb 2017, 15:51

I honestly couldn't believe he didn't check where my fissure was first! I'm really feeling nervous about the LIS I think because I don't get the painful spasms anymore like I used to I'm worried it's not gonna benefit me? But the fissure won't heal and surely that's because it's so tight up there? What I don't get is for over a year i had the painful spasms but after Botox the first time they never came back just the soreness and tightness and the pain around the fissure x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Feb 2017, 06:53

The LIS will loosen your tone enough to let the fissure heal....if it's still there then you def need the LIS, you can heal so I think you will heal very quick after the LIS and it will stop any retears. If you haven't had spasms then there is no reason they should start back again.
Do you have a date for your op Hun x
Mypoorbutt

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here