Not healing from Sphincterotomy

Sphincterotomy anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Not healing from Sphincterotomy

Postby Lake0328 » 22 Feb 2017, 16:48

Hi there, for almost a year I had dealt with 2 anal fissures before I finally decided to seek help. November 2016 I decided to have the sphincterotomy surgery. It's been almost 15 weeks since my surgery and my incision still isn't fully healed. There is still minor pain when I go to the bathroom. I also bleed from time to time. I drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fiber and also take stool softeners. Has it taken this long for anyone else to heal??
Lake0328

Topics: 1

Re: Not healing from Sphincterotomy

Postby Savaici » 23 Feb 2017, 21:20

:wel: Sorry you are healing rather slowly, and hope that you are in contact with your surgeon.

You might like to look at these posts that are on the forum. Hope there might be something of some help to you"

search.php?keywords=sphincterotomy+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Rosher » 24 Feb 2017, 18:09

Hi Lake0328,

Some times fissures do not heal from sphincterotomy's.
Where is the pain, still in the fissure? or is it the LIS surgical incision area?

Generally after 4 months of post op healing with adequate stools being as sooft as possible, fi its still not healed you need to go back to surgeon or another one and maybe, advancement flap, or fissureectomy??

Im not a surgeon but pretty sure these are the only options.

Ive had 2 advancement flaps and after a lis they would have worked perfectly.
Its painful but as i say if you cant live with fissure pain then you gotta try next step.

Hope this helps.
You need to do next option if you cant live with it.
Rosher
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Lake0328 » 27 Feb 2017, 14:42

Thank you guys for responding. I went and saw my surgeon today. The pain I'm having is from a hemorrhoid. I've never had a hemorrhoid, so I've developed this within the past few weeks. He wrote me a prescription for suppositories. I'm really hoping this pain doesn't come back. I'm only 22 and I feel like I'm having way too many issues with my butt!

On the bright side no fissures have returned and the incision is pretty much done healing according to my doctor. :)
Lake0328

Postby Rosher » 27 Feb 2017, 19:34

ok , good, id also see your gp for some haemorrhoid cream if the suppositories dont help.

as for haemmies, you dont want to be constipated, but also not diarrhoea. just super soft.
Try pear juice once pd or after every meal depending on how sensative you are to it, also coconut oil with certain foods, itll soften your stools but not make them diarrhoea.
Aim for 1 or 2 bm's a day max if you can but no less.

Its an almost impossible mission to get stool consistency regular and same consistency, but you can get close. I did it for 4 years and pear juice is the key. Dont use prune juice or youll get the runs and itll lfair up the hemmie.
Rosher
Fibre Addict

Postby Lake0328 » 02 Mar 2017, 15:32

Thank you for the advice! I will get some pear juice. The doctor gave me prescription for suppositories and for the first time in almost a year I used the bathroom today with absolutely no pain at all. I've been on the suppositories for about 4 days now.

I also have started taking miralax. It makes it super soft and small. It has worked wonders for me for a week now!
Lake0328

Postby Rosher » 03 Mar 2017, 22:32

Great! hope it keeps improving / going no pain and in 6mth to a year from now you can say its resolved.
Rosher
Fibre Addict

Postby Lake0328 » 06 Mar 2017, 11:12

Thank you for telling me about the pear juice. It is amazing!! I wish I would've known about this sooner!
Lake0328