LIS and Anal widening

lis

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS and Anal widening

Postby sollasana » 16 Jan 2016, 05:47

Its been six days since I've had my LIS and anal widening op so far very minimal pain nothing at all like fissure spazm pain my only wish is why did I suffer years with this and not found this CRS before I've had hemorhoid stapling op ten years ago which went wrong and had to have another op week later and spent very painful ten days in hospital. I was ok for few years than I started to suffer with fissure and had another surgery by a famous CRS two years ago for fissure no good with that and last year I've had botox surgery done by the same CRS that was no good. After searching the net I found this CRS in Istanbul Turkey went there on 10th january he seen me on monday afternoon and after examination said best doing the op right now so I've agreed and he done the op under local anesthetic after a rest in his clinic he sent me off to my hotel went back for a check next morning only seen the nurses all good tlod me about sitz bath and dilation. Went back to see him on thursday he examined and said we must not let the cut join up so need to put finger up there and stretch to sides and sai I should be fine to fly back to England where I live and Iflew back yesterday and I am so glad I've had it done. :D
sollasana

Topics: 1

Re: LIS and Anal widening

Postby paine » 24 Feb 2017, 21:50

Hi sollasana. How are you doing now? Are you still doing dilation? Im a month post lis but still has spasm. Thank you
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: LIS and Anal widening

Postby sollasana » 22 Mar 2017, 22:25

Hi Paine. Sorry for the late reply as I haven't visited the forum for a while. I am not doing so well the fissure still flares up every now and then like every 2-3 weeks and when I am in pain I try dilation when I am better I tend to forget about it. I think I will have to go back to same CRS some time in the next few months I have spoke to him 3 months after my op on the phone complaining about spasms he said keep doing the dilation. I am sorry to hear you were still having spasms I hope you are doing a lot better now. best wishes.
sollasana

Topics: 1