Is this normal for diltiazem?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is this normal for diltiazem?

Postby Deleted User 5950 » 08 Mar 2017, 22:00

So I finally found a CRS to diagnose me after wasting $2k at a GI dr. He found a pretty superficial fissure (after he basically tore my entire ass apart and ripped it open again). He prescribed diltiazem FINALLY after 2 others jerking me around.

My question: the CRS said it would take 2 weeks or so to see any changes. I've been having horrid burning pain that subsides after a few hours and stays pretty bad into the evening. I put the cream on for the first time and 20 minutes later my pain had reduced by at least 60%. Is it normal to see such a dramatic reaction? Today I applied it before work, and my 45 minute car ride was very manageable. Normally I'm about to flip out from the pain of sitting.

So has anyone had such a dramatic relief right away from diltiazem, or is it just a coincidence and I'm just having a good day? Interested in some feedback, thanks!
Deleted User 5950

Re: Is this normal for diltiazem?

Postby Savaici » 08 Mar 2017, 22:17

Yes, it's normal. Just keep using it as the CRS recommended, and be glad!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Is this normal for diltiazem?

Postby Deleted User 5950 » 08 Mar 2017, 22:19

Ok thanks a lot for the reply. I've been dealing with this for 9 months total now, so trust me, I'm ecstatic. Just really hoping it stays like this and heals up. Thanks again!
Deleted User 5950