Am I healed?

My journey so far

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Am I healed?

Postby simplebutt » 29 Jan 2017, 12:05

My first post here (apart from the intro one). I am a 30 year old male and have been battling fissure for the last 1.5 years. I am otherwise very healthy, practice Yoga and work out.
So, it started with a mild sensation in the bum for a few weeks and then one day it tore apart really bad. I didn't know what it was and from there on it got worse for a couple of weeks. I applied a cream for piles thinking that's what it was but it made matters worse. So I finally saw a doctor who said it might be fissure. Took some antibiotics, fibre supplement and stool softner (milk of magnesia) and it was okay.
Since then, it has kept flaring up every now and then. I did some research after the first flare up and found the Nitroglycerine cream and sitz bath. it helped tremendously. So now my flare ups reduced to once a month. Then once in three months. with the intensity of each flare up going down. Since the last four months I was completely pain free with sitz baths and coconut oil. I never applied the nitro cream for more than two weeks.
Two days ago another flare up happened because I faltered on my diet. Pretty much controllable and not much painful except for the itching and slight irritation.
I want to know if I am healed and if such small flare ups once every four-five months are okay. Hoping they would disappear one day as well. Should I think of surgery at all?
simplebutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Am I healed?

Postby occam » 30 Jan 2017, 01:29

hey there. i was in a similar boat. once you are healed you shouldn't be having any flare ups. i just posted a rather lengthy account of how i healed my fissure. check it out when you have 10 min.
occam

Topics: 1

Postby simplebutt » 10 Mar 2017, 09:42

Read that! Pretty interesting. I will try and make that suppository :)
simplebutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby positivesun » 13 Mar 2017, 02:14

simplebutt wrote:Read that! Pretty interesting. I will try and make that suppository :)

Let me know how those work! I might try to make them too, seems like we are at similar points
positivesun
Salt Bather

Topics: 7