2 weeks post op

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2 weeks post op

Postby paine » 11 Feb 2017, 04:55

I came from 2 weeks follow up check up today. My crs said the surgery site is already healed, no infection but she cannot understand why i am still having pain in the incision site. Crs was unable to examine me internally because of the pain. The crs said that once the outer has healed the IS is also healed as well. Btw, she made an incison outside to get to the internal sphincter.
Is that really correct?
The crs said clinically, when the wound outside had healed normally that is 2 weeks, the internal sphincter has healed together as well too.
But i am feeling sore inside.
Is there anyone who had this feeling of not yet healed inside the sphincter though the wound outside is already healed?
:afsmile:
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: 2 weeks post op

Postby chachacha » 11 Feb 2017, 10:00

I did not have pain on the inside after the wound on the outside healed, but wanted to let you know that it is definitely correct to make an incision on the outside to get to the internal sphincter. That's how mine was done and many others on the board had the same procedure. It's seems that an equal number though, had the CRS go up through the anus itself, so it seems like both ways are popular and correct.

I hope that your pain is gone soon.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby paine » 11 Feb 2017, 18:37

Thanks for the reply CCC. That was my crs reply reply. She said if the wound has healed outside it should have healed also inside. She is thinking of having several tests once im up for it.
paine
Salt Bather

Re: 4 weeks post op

Postby paine » 22 Feb 2017, 20:43

Hi everyone.
Today is 4 weeks post lis. Just an update regarding my condition. Starting 3rd going 4th week post op has been improving in terms of pain. I still have minor soilage after bm after about 2 hrs. Its causing irritation and pain i really have to clean afterwards again.
I still take ibuprofen 400mg before bm because i am not confident of the outcome if i will be in terrible pain.
I can sit relatively longer than before like 30mins to an hour. I can put cheeks on the chair hahaha.
I am still having spasms for about 3 times or more each day.
So there it goes my 4 week fup check up with crs is on saturday. I just want to get over this. I feel its taking too long to be normal again.
Hoping everyone a happy butt.
paine
Salt Bather

Re: 4 weeks post op

Postby paine » 24 Feb 2017, 07:56

Today went out to bring child to pedia and absolutely almost did not make it. I was having pressure on my anus while standing and walking. The stool leakage is causing considerable pain itchiness and discomfort. Im so tired of pain. I thought this lis would end once and for all all that is causing problem on my butt. I really envy those who had magic healing after lis. How i wish to be just normal and pain free again!
paine
Salt Bather

Re: 7 weeks post op

Postby paine » 17 Mar 2017, 04:45

last week was my 6 weeks post lis. i saw my crs who said everything is healed fissure and surgery site. crs said she cannot further help me if im still in pain because she has already exhausted effort to resolve my issue. she then suggested that i maybe having partial prolapse. i am also referred to a pain doctor. i am currently on gabapentin. the pain doc said there might have been nerve damage during surgery and that it needs to be addressed before reaching the 3 month mark from surgery otherwise it can become a life long chronic pain. pain doc also said this has dragged on because of the insufficient pain medications given post operation.
today is my 7th week mark and my mind is wandering if the lis was worth it. before i only suffer from the pain of my fissure. now i also have pain from the incision area.
im really sad that i was not one of those people who were pain free after lis.
i hope that as time goes by these pain goes away too.
paine
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Mar 2017, 04:56

Hi Paine
Sorry to hear your still suffering, I'm 16 weeks post op and if I go to the toilet more than once a day I will still get spasms.
Some of us are just more sensitive in that area and we will be left with some residual pain. I am so much better than I was pre LIS and if my colon behaves I can have lots of good days.
It's hard I know when you see people who are pain free a week after LIS I was still getting 12 hours of spasms at week 6/7 post LIS but it's slowly improving and my spasms now last no longer than 8/12 hours
I think pain meds are very important as they stop the pain spasms cycle. I wish I had got stronger ones sooner.
I know how difficult it is but don't give up hope we will be pain free it will just take longer
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby paine » 17 Mar 2017, 05:34

thanks mpb for the support. yes, i really wish all of us to be healed soonest. its just i feel sad that i have been through this and im still feeling the same and with added pain fron the incision area.
i want to ask you also are you still taking gabapentin? what dose and how long are you in them? does it constipate you? does it take away the pain?
paine
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 17 Mar 2017, 07:07

I take the gabapentin when my IBS or crohns flares up as that's when I go to the toilet lots so am in serious pain...it doesn't constipated me but then that could be because I'm having a flare.
Yes I wish we could all heal quicker too I have had this for nearly 2 years now.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby paine » 17 Mar 2017, 08:39

oh mpb you are such a strong and lovely person. i admire your optimism and positive outlook in our butt-life.
my pain doc advised me to take gabapentin for the next 30 days. im on 2nd day today. hopefully all pain will be gone and healed at last by then!
paine
Salt Bather