Had LIS surgery two days ago

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Had LIS surgery two days ago

Postby FromCroatia » 15 Mar 2017, 10:36

Hello everyone!
I've had LIS surgery done together with really huge skin tag removed this Monday. So I'm second day pos-op.
Surgery lasted for an hour and doctor said it was unique case. He is considered one of the best abdominal surgeons in Croatia.
Anyway, pain after anesthesia was horrible, I immediately took Brufen800 and it realived me pain till morning when I had to take another one. Pain almost paralised me, I wont lie. Than it was fine until my first BM. Holly Mother of God! That was the worse pain in my life. Can not describe how frightened of next BM I am.
Will post here daily - hopefully someone might find it useful!
FromCroatia
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: Had LIS surgery two days ago

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Mar 2017, 11:44

Hi welcome to the board
Gosh that was a long surgery. The first BM is always the worst but don't worry it gets better from here. I would maybe keep on top of the meds for a few days take them as prescribed don't wait till your actually in pain. You will know when you don't need them.
You will be very sore there for a while but at least your on the road to recovery.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby FromCroatia » 15 Mar 2017, 11:52

Dear Mypoorbut (I can totally identity with this nick) thank you for your words of comfort.
Yes, my surgery was very long since AF was deep with sharp and long scars. He cut it all off, together with sentinel pile and 2cm huge skin tag on 6 o clock. I did it in private clinic, payed 1500 Euro and went home same day. Clinic is amazing, like hotel with 6*. I just hope to be back to my normal life.
FromCroatia
Salt Bather

Postby FromCroatia » 16 Mar 2017, 14:18

This is my 4th day post-op description.
Far from now, almost no pain at all, only leakage of body liquid which is completely normal. Im changing paper towels from time to time. The thing is that I didn't have BM today so I have to take stool softner tomorrow and that's the only thing I'm afraid off. Anyway this is much much better than the AF pain.
FromCroatia
Salt Bather

Postby FromCroatia » 18 Mar 2017, 05:27

5th and 6th day - still have wound leaking, changing towels whole day long and showering wound with cold water. Yesterday had my second BM - very painful but still better than the first one. Immediately did shower and went straight to bed. Drank brufen600 mg in granules' and 10 minutes after pain was completely gone.
FromCroatia
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Mar 2017, 06:39

Glad your recover seems to be going well it's great that the pain from a BM is decreasing.
You sound like your on the road to being fully healed soon.
Mypoorbutt

Postby FromCroatia » 18 Mar 2017, 08:17

Thanks, friend ;)
I dont have AF pain any more, thanks to God. Only pain after BM which is incredible strong, that much I can barely stood up from toilet seat. Hopefully that will disappear with time.
My surgeon did not make incision next to fissure. He was working IN fissure, that's his method. Unfortunately, my doctor died 3 days ago.
FromCroatia
Salt Bather

Postby FromCroatia » 19 Mar 2017, 08:29

Sunday - 7th Day Post Op

No pain at all during day only after BM. Pain is really horrible but I'm instantly taking pills. After pill pain goes away in five minutes and than I'm fine till next day and BM.
Every morning I'm taking laxative so that I have soft or watery stool.
FromCroatia
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Mar 2017, 09:06

Just a little bit of advice. My CRS told me to try my best to avoid watery BMs as these can sting more and cause more pain to the fissure and the incision site, my fissure was caused by watery acidic BMs
The ideal texture for most people is thought to be a toothpaste likea Bristol 4....for me it's a Bristol 3
Glad your starting to feel better though
Mypoorbutt

Postby FromCroatia » 19 Mar 2017, 11:49

Yeah, with time I will take less laxative but right now it is so pain full to push for BM that I dont have any other option. My BMs are not diarrheic but watery because of stool softners so I think its a huge difference.
FromCroatia
Salt Bather