Suicidal thoughts?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Suicidal thoughts?

Postby Deleted User 5950 » 01 Apr 2017, 11:34

How bad was the surgery pain afterwords?
Deleted User 5950

Postby Deleted User 5950 » 01 Apr 2017, 12:24

How bad was the surgery? I wanted the surgery a while ago but he said try the cream, which does work, but apparently for me, not good enough. I have hopes that the LIS will work since the cream has made me feel 80% better. (Didn't really realize it was spasms this whole time until I had something to How did you decide on the surgeon? I'm not worried about the incontinence thing, but I have read some bad things here and there. If I had it my way, I'd be walking into the OR today, but I can't be that lucky :)
Deleted User 5950

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Apr 2017, 13:32

Hi
The surgery was ok actually, the pain after was there but not too bad. I was feeling better after day 3/4 and although my first BM was pretty traumatic the second was much better.
Unfortunately I had a crohns flare the second week after surgery which really set me back a lot. But most people are pain free after the second week especially if you have no underlying issues.
The surgery will be the start of the rest of your pain free life
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 Apr 2017, 13:41

Treerootz, I so feel your frustration. I'm having LIS on Tuesday, I will let you know how it goes and answer any questions at all.

I think mbp is right - this will be the end of pain for you. I waited to have LIS and although things have improved, I'm still in pain often. So in my mind, even if you could heal without surgery, it may take a long time, and your chcance of re-tear is higher. The surgery will cut that healing time short and hopefully prevent this problem from ever bugging you again!!

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5950 » 01 Apr 2017, 15:54

Exactly. I'm sure if I just kept with it (although I have been for months and months now) it might heal, but I'm done wasting my life with this crap. I can't drink, I can't go out, I can't even sleep half the time because of the pain. My theory is if I have an option to just be done and over with it, why not do it? Good luck on Tuesday. Wish that was me! I have an appointment in 2 weeks to see how I'm doing, but I already re-tore it, so what's the point of waiting another 2 weeks, the cream didn't heal it. I just need to get my life on track and put this crap behind me. It's taking a serious emotional toll on me when I'm supposed to be recovering from other mentally-destroying things. Let me know how it goes, wish you nothing but luck!
Deleted User 5950