Non-surgical hypertrophied anal papillae healing possible?

hypertrophied anal papillae

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Non-surgical hypertrophied anal papillae healing possible?

Postby waves » 03 Apr 2017, 01:58

Hello everyone,
this is my first post here. I'm so glad I found this forum!

A little bit of info about my problem beforehand:

I'm dealing with a chronic fisssure since March 1, 2016. The pain was unbearable in the beginning, then gradually faded (thanks to Nifedipine) until around August 2016 or so. Since then the healing was sort of stagnating. Kept having constant slight pain and burning sensations as well as blood in the stool. I have to say, I didn't do much except using the Nifedipine cream.
Not much changed in terms of pain or healing until around February when I got so frustrated that I started to research more about possible treatments and started using different oils etc. For about 2 months now I'm putting cotton balls soaked in various oils to the wound.

This seemed to help and I was able to get 98% pain-free by now!
Occarionally there's 1-2 drops of blood in the cotton after BM but that's not always the case.

The problem I still have is that the tear inside my anus seems to be still the same size like it was months ago. Whenever I put a new cotton ball in I can feel the fissure and size and it always feels like it's the same size (although completely pain-free).

When I feel with the finger further inside I can feel a hardened skin-spot. What I just learned today here from the forum that this most probably is a "hypertrophied anal papillae".

Again, it's completely pain-free, but it's there and it hasn't changed much in weeks/months. Also I do NOT have a sentinel pile (luckily). It's just a tear inside plus the hypertrophied anal papillae.

Long story short: I wanted to ask if I can somehow get this "hypertrophied anal papillae" healed? What is needed to get this go away? Is this even possible or is surgery a must to treat this? Also is it normal that the tear remains the same size for so long, even though the pain faded and it's not pain-free?

My current routine is:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Flaxseed oil
- Black cumin oil
- Castor oil- Lavender/thyme oil (as antiseptic)
- Honey (Manuka MGO 400)
Making a mix with those ingredients and soak in cotton balls which I then put on the fissure and keep it in there for as long as possible.

Am I missing an important ingredient to treat the papillae?

Thanks so much for your support!!
Nik
waves
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Non-surgical hypertrophied anal papillae healing possibl

Postby patience_and_healing » 09 Apr 2017, 11:12

From my understanding, the papillae form because of the fissure, and so may not go away until the fissure heals. There is a member on this board called Scientist who had her fissure for a long time in an open state, but the pain was a lot less. Over the course of the next few months it eventually closed up. Sometimes doctors will remove the papillae, other times just leave it alone to shrink by themselves.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40