Diltiazem dosage question

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Diltiazem dosage question

Postby Bum_UK » 06 Apr 2017, 10:59

Where are you in your healing process if you don't mind me asking?

My original AF problems back in 2007 lasted for around four months until I figured out how to keep my stools soft more consistently. It was four months of daily bleeding and re-tearing until I figured out that I shouldn't eat too much insoluble fiber. I didn't see a GP then as I only had the pain during BMs and had self dignosed what it was. I don't recommend doing that but it turns out I was correct as a GP diagnosed it when I had trouble in November 2010.
I do hope this one is resolved quicker than that as this is rather suboptimal.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby patience_and_healing » 06 Apr 2017, 15:01

I got my current fissures (yup, lucky enough to get more than one) on 11th December after a bout of anxiety. That means on 11th April I'll be four months into this. I've gotten better since then, had a few setbacks- constipation after an international flight, diarrhea after antibiotics, but still keeping up the fight and hoping to heal. I'm considering Botox, and I have my first CRS appointment less than a week from now. Dreading what she will say, but I'm glad I have so much information thanks to this board!
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Bum_UK » 07 Apr 2017, 02:58

This board is very helpful! I hope your CRS is able to give you the appropriate help to help you heal as soon as possible. I'm guessing that you're US based. I'm in the UK (I'm not British though) and the NHS isn't great. I usually pay to see a private GP whenever I need to see s GP, not often fortunately, as the local GPs aren't great. I went to one of them last week as I was desperate. To his defence he did prescribe diltiazem which is very expensive. He, however, claimed that the active ingredient in Movicol is Flybogel (or whatever it's called) and that Movicol is a bulking laxative whereas it's actually an osmotic stool softener. I spoke up but you've got to pick your fights... ;)

I've got some pretty bad burning this morning after putting the cream on. It's the same kind of burning as the fissure pain and that's not great.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby patience_and_healing » 07 Apr 2017, 10:15

Yes I'm in the US. Not many CRS in this area though, despite being Silicon Valley.

Burning with ointment is not a good sign. I used nitro for more than a month and it burned almost every time, more if I had diarrhea. Watch out for the skin turning red or developing a rash. In that case you'll need to switch ointments.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Apr 2017, 07:32

We've had lovely weather the last couple of days and I've been away from my iPad. I'm fortunately fairly comfortable when I walk now.

I was surprised to hear that there aren't many CRS in the Silicon Valley. I'd think there would be quite a few connected to Stanford University as I'm guessing they have a medical centre. Please let me know how your CRS visit goes.

It seems like there's less burning when I apply the cream now.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist