am i healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

am i healing?

Postby Jamesscott96 » 20 Apr 2017, 06:17

i have had fissure 7 months it started from 1 day of chronic constipation , at the end of the day when i was empty it was burning , then the burning turned into uncfomtablity/spasms all day

now its turned into heavy spaskms sometimes straight after bm then it vannishes.. and i feel hardly nothing this is happening most days but every now ands then it still stings ..

the outside was very delicate to the touch to the point even if i hadnt gone bm and rubbed the gtn cream in , it would ache

but now the outside feels almost normal . is this the healing process??
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: am i healing?

Postby GilmoreGirl » 20 Apr 2017, 09:22

Sounds good! It sounds like you're not having long term spasms set in which will go a long way to heal things over.

Keep doing what you're doing. Sitz baths, stool softner, GTN etc - all of these things will help, and i wouldn't stop too quickly even if you're seeing signs of improvement.

Good luck!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Jamesscott96 » 20 Apr 2017, 10:00

GilmoreGirl wrote:Sounds good! It sounds like you're not having long term spasms set in which will go a long way to heal things over.

Keep doing what you're doing. Sitz baths, stool softner, GTN etc - all of these things will help, and i wouldn't stop too quickly even if you're seeing signs of improvement.

Good luck!

i know exactly what you mean and i really apreciate the support from you guys , i have good days now that are more frequent than the bad , but the pain is still there as the dull ache/ spasms i deffo feel the outside is almost healed but still a slight bit of heat

i hate how there is little support for us , also i would have gone private but once i had this they wont cover me on bupa as the issue is there before sign up

but if i knew how shit the nhs was i would have done this a long long time ago

i didnt think this kind of pain was even existing and how it effects you mentally if you dont stay strong

i know for a fact this will scar me for a while lol and i have stopped laxetives in past as thought it was making me worse and next day bm burns like shit, havent had this tho for about a week sometimes its pain free but the pain creeps in ? and walking hurts it more and i worry that if i walk to far the scratching/burning sensation will hurt so much as have had this in past . i tried to walk and exercise to help my healing but i found after 10 mins the scratching would almost feel like i was about to bleed.. so dont go out much and i find if i shut myself away the pain is easier to deal with

i got my bday coming up and my sis wants me to go out for a meal with her etc abut i dont want her knowing that i feel like i am tolerating her and everyone else , and cannot wait to be alone again

i hope this also helps anyone else reading this and feels like it will never heal you are not alone

i also abused my self with ketamine which gives me really good days lol but the high sucks the comedown just increases any pain for the next day , but when your going off your head because u cannot live a life and the doctors give u no pain relief , my doctor said he didnt know anyone who takes gabs for the pain ..... and he owns the doctor surgery etc hes a fool , but witht that small release for a day it gives u relief that u will be pain free..
i try not to take k as much as i feel it slows recovery but never ever ever ever ever touch coke !!!!!!!!! or u will be back to square one XD lol
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Postby GilmoreGirl » 20 Apr 2017, 10:17

I'm sorry for your suffering - and trust me I understand! Seven months and counting for me and it is definitely hard to maintain a quality of life with the pain and discomfort. This board is an excellent source of support. Don't be afraid to share or ask anything you need - everyone knows how you're feeling and is just here to help.

As you're healing, don't feel pressured to do too much. Let your body get the rest it needs. I found that sometimes even if I couldn't go out, a good phone chat or a short visit is just as good if you're feeling sore.

What laxative are you taking? It's best with this issue to stick to a stool softner unless you are very constipated. You don't want to go too much and aggravate the area - but also you want to keep things regular and soft. I think most would say aim for once a day. I know most people have had the best success with miralax/restoralax (polyethylene glycol 3350). Don't worry about taking it every day until you are fully over this - it won't hurt you and you can taper off as needed later.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Bum_UK » 21 Apr 2017, 03:09

I don't know what you use to clean off after BMs but I can recommend Water Wipes, you find them at Boots and Sainsbury's and probably all the other supermarkets too. I can't use the shower to clean off as it hurts to part the buttocks and the wipes work really well and don't cause additional burn like Huggies etc do.

As GG says, make sure you use a stool softener. I use around two sachets of Movicol per day as it hurts like crazy during BMs even if it's only the width of a pinkie... Ask your GP to prescribe Movicol or Laxido. Or you can buy it over the counter but it's more expensive. I've got private insurance with Bupa and have for years. I've not used it for my fissure yet and hope the fissure will heal wit what the GP has prescribed.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Jamesscott96 » 23 Apr 2017, 15:34

hi guys update, not much pain after bm's if not any , but there is a weird feeling still there, and its all day

sometimes barely noticeable but mosttimes its deffo noticable

will lis stop this weird sensation im booked for the 10th, my last op got post poned
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Postby Jamesscott96 » 24 Apr 2017, 12:50

GilmoreGirl wrote:I'm sorry for your suffering - and trust me I understand! Seven months and counting for me and it is definitely hard to maintain a quality of life with the pain and discomfort. This board is an excellent source of support. Don't be afraid to share or ask anything you need - everyone knows how you're feeling and is just here to help.

As you're healing, don't feel pressured to do too much. Let your body get the rest it needs. I found that sometimes even if I couldn't go out, a good phone chat or a short visit is just as good if you're feeling sore.

What laxative are you taking? It's best with this issue to stick to a stool softner unless you are very constipated. You don't want to go too much and aggravate the area - but also you want to keep things regular and soft. I think most would say aim for once a day. I know most people have had the best success with miralax/restoralax (polyethylene glycol 3350). Don't worry about taking it every day until you are fully over this - it won't hurt you and you can taper off as needed later.

how are things with you?,i cannot wait for my lis surgery on the 10th ,today is my bday not a bad day tbf but it has been emotional . atm i have some k pain relief to sway my mind i hope everyone else is ok :) and i hope oneday i will look back on this and be like shit yo!!

jamie oliver went the wrong way XD lol dont tell them that truthfully about the mcnuggets made out of left overs etc , show them a picture of a fissure and have someone explain how it feels with the spasms,etc etc

this will change children thoughts on food :) , and its a shame i didnt listen when i was a nipper, but you learn the hard way if you dont
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather