Had my LIS,haemorrondectomy + tag removal today!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Had my LIS,haemorrondectomy + tag removal today!

Postby ChaosTree » 19 Apr 2017, 11:16

I had my super whammy surgery today. Surgery itself lasted 8 minutes. I was out for about an hour. I had it under general anaesthesia, so most of the hour was prep for that and waking up after.

As I see from the post op document they gave me I got fissurectomy, haemorrondectomy + removal of leftover skintags.

I should have three incisions. One at 3 o'clock for fissurectomi. Then two three more at 11 & 6-7 for the maemorrondectomy & leftover skintag removal.

Have a spongostan sponge in my ass. It should get out with the first BM.
Pain is very minimal.

Afraid of the first bowelmovement but it happens when it happens.

So far feeling good.

As luck would have it I got one of the best surgeons in my country in this speciality for my surgery. For me it was an accident that it was her who I was referred to.

It turns out She has also operated one of my friends for the same thing and she praised the doctor to heavens when I talked about my upcoming surgery. And now when I look at the feedback that her patients have left her, her rating is basically 4.8 stars from 5.

I am nervous about the next few days but so far happy with my decision!
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Had my LIS,haemorrondectomy + tag removal today!

Postby Mr Fissure » 19 Apr 2017, 11:36

Good luck ChaosTree, let us know how you progress.

You might be surprised by how little pain you feel on your first BM. Just keep yourself well hydrated, eat plenty of fibre, a balanced diet and some stool softner and you should be fine.
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby ChaosTree » 20 Apr 2017, 04:00

Thank you Mr Fissure for the welcome!

This morning, 20 hours after the surgery had my first BM. I am surprised how easy it went. There was very minimal pain. I was prepared for hell and high water, so I am glad it went almost pleasanty. Drinking 2L of water, eating porridge, toast and fruit came to fruitation.

The super painkillers from the surgery have worn off. I am glad of it. It was weird to not feel my ass for six hours after the surgery while knowing it had been cut and stiched up. So going to the toilet to pee was nerveracking since I wasn't sure if I accidentally might hurt myself in straining or not. So using only paracetamol is fine by me.

Now the pain level is a solid 3 from 10. I am uncomfortable but not in terrible pain.

The ass is achy, puffy and swollen. Off to make my bath and oitment routine.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Postby ChaosTree » 20 Apr 2017, 05:06

Looking back the day of surgery went by fast and it already been 26 hours since mine.

Luckily I had my BM an hour before I had to be in the hospital so knowing my bowels were emptish was calming. I arrived in the general day surgery room by 8 in the morning as asked. Was given paper pants and shirt to dress in to and lead in to a waiting room for the outpatient day surgery patients. There were about 9 of us there waiting to get our different ops. Had to wait for two hours for my surgery. And more patients assigned to noon time started to arrive. I Was given two paracetamols as I waited and then I was led away by a nurse to get my canule in to the arm. I was lucky she got it in on the first try and and after it was taken out after the surgery the bruising today for it is super minimal.

I am surprised that I wasn't given any laxatives or an enema. Or even asked about my BM for the day. Perhaps they did an enema while I was out with the GA before the surgery.

After I got the canule I was led out to the surgery room. Hopped on to the table, got a mask put on talked with the nurses and surgeon for a couple of minutes about the upcoming surgery and then it was lights out for me. Next thing I know I am being woken up the first thing I asked was "When is the surgery starting?" only to be told it is over already. Turns out I was already in the recovery room.

Didn't feel my ass at all was sleepy and felt well. After about 15 minutes I was put on a wheelchair and wheeled in to another secondary recovery room where I was give a little bit to eat and where all the other general day surgery patients were coming to after their surgery.

Then it was time to go home.

I didn't feel my ass for most of the evening post surgery. Pain level was between 1 & 2 from 10. A couple of times I felt I needed to go to the bathroom but all four times it turned out it was just gas & post surgery blood. All four times I was nervous as hell since I couldn't feel my ass, so I wasn't sure if I was accidentally straining too much and hurting myself or not.

Same with going to pee. Everytime I went to pee I was nervous as hell since I was afraid to hurt my ass by accident if I strain too much.

At home I drank a lot of water, ate two toasts with salmon, ate porridge, ate bananas and kiwis.

In the evening had my first bath & oitment tour and went to sleep.
As the evening wore on the pain was slowly starting to rise until by this morning it was a solid 3.

And it has tayed as a solid 3 for the whole day today.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Postby Mr Fissure » 21 Apr 2017, 14:08

Well done ChaosTree! :D Glad it's all gone so well for you...

Keep well hydrated, a balanced diet and stay positive and I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's a week today since my LIS, and though it's been an up and down week, today's probably been my best day - managed about 4 hours work, and am sitting as I type this (something of an achievement for me in the evening since I got my AF!)

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!
Mr F
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby ChaosTree » 23 Apr 2017, 11:28

It jas been 4 days since my surgery, so day 5 is going strong!

So far most of the days post surgery have been spent taking baths 3-4 times a day after each BM, sleeping and/or trying to find a comfortable positsion to be behind my computer (impossible). So far it is 15 minutes on one side, then 15 minutes laying on the other side ect.

I have been sleeping like crazy, which is good I think.

The pain is solid level 1-3/from 10. Depends of how long ago I took the pain killers. To he honest the pain was worse when my anal fissure was acting up, so this is managable.

Minuses I am having BM 2-3 times a day compared to the 1-2 days before surgery. It is okay as long as I heal. Would like to go less, so that my anus could heal and not be so active. The BM are not painful, minimal stinging, so that is good.

My diet is full of fiber and soft on it's own. I am not taking any laxatives/stool softeners. Basically I have been making porridge, eating bananas, kiwis, toast with tomatoes, potatoes.

My only sin has been drinking coffee with milk and sugar two cups a day. I have to have something good!

Now I am going back to sleep. I am sleepy again! Can't wait to be healed but so far I am glad I went to the surgery.
Last edited by ChaosTree on 23 Apr 2017, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Postby JB620 » 23 Apr 2017, 12:17

Thanks for keeping a log of your recovery. I go in tomorrow for an fistulotomy (hopefully uncomplicated) and am so extremely anxious. Knowing that recovering CAN go smoothly is a bit comforting. So glad you're feeling good!
JB620
Fibre Addict

Postby ChaosTree » 23 Apr 2017, 12:26

JB620 good luck with the surgery! So far my recovery has been boring (which is very good). Mostly I am just sleeping a lot, constantly taking baths after BM and cursing about not finding a good position to be in behind my computer. Pain has been quite minimal.

I am hoping your recovery will be as boring as pleasant as mine has been. I have been enjoying the sleep time. Hadn't had my vacation in almost a year! So taking my time to catch up in my reading.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Postby Mr Fissure » 23 Apr 2017, 15:11

Hi ChaosTree,

Know the feeling about sitting!! I'm on day 9 now and still struggling to sit comfortably in most of the chairs in my house I still stand all of the time by my computer for work...Here's hoping thing's improve on that score - I'd kill to be able to sit comfortably for a day! lol

JB620 - good luck with your surgery tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Mr F
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Diaboliq » 24 Apr 2017, 05:45

Congrats! I just had my LIS 5 days ago, and just wanted to wish you luck. I'd actually like to privately message you, since we had surgery on the same day, Would like someone to speak with. I'll message you my email if you'd like someone to chat with. Good luck!
Diaboliq
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4