Diagnosis Murder (Help!)

Strange symptoms/ varying diagnosis

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Diagnosis Murder (Help!)

Postby Augustine » 09 May 2017, 12:24

Hi all, new here.

I have had symptoms for going on around 5 years now. These include, anal bleeding, pain, itchiness etc. I was first diagnosed with hemorrhoids and given suppositories. No help. Back to the doctor who then changed their diagnosis to fissures. I've tried multiple creams, suppositories with no success. I went in for a botox injection and when I woke up the surgeon said they did not do the botox as there was no sign of a fissure. After this I was tested for crohns which came back negative. A biopsy showed Lichen Planus so I was given creams for this, again no success. Back to the surgeon, he decided to take a look and performed a hemorrhoidectomy, and after that the problem remains.

I am totally lost and confused as to what is actually going on with my bottom! I honestly can't take it anymore the pain is just too intense.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice or thoughts as to what is going on? There are a few strange symptoms which my doctor seemed to just shrug off. Every time I am bleeding after a BM I get a itch behind my knee in the exact same place every time! Anyone else experience that?

Any help much appreciated :)
Augustine

Topics: 1

Re: Diagnosis Murder (Help!)

Postby hurtinend » 09 May 2017, 19:40

Your story is similar to many, including me.

After 7 years of pain, I don't know what's wrong with me, neither do the doctors. I've been diagnosed with fissures, hemmorhoids, then told later on that I don't have them.

My latest diagnosis is pelvic pain syndrome....things are tight and spasm down there, causing pain. Good luck on getting treatment for that, there isn't much, other than seeking out a trained pelvic floor physiotherapist.

Maybe something for you to check out.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: Diagnosis Murder (Help!)

Postby Augustine » 10 May 2017, 01:27

Thank you for the reply I will check it out.

Does anyone know of any casual link between a bleeding bottom and an itch in behind the left knee? It seems very strange but it happens constantly when bleeding.
Augustine

Topics: 1