Having Second Thoughts

Procedures listed different from what was agreed

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Having Second Thoughts

Postby Bum_UK » 10 May 2017, 12:34

I have private healthcare in the UK and I received the paperwork from the hospital today. The procedures listed are not what was agreed. I specifically said I do not want the skin tags removed. Skin tag removal listed as one of the procedures.

I'm actually tempted to jump ship and see a different CRS as I've got doubts now and it's not appealing to be operated on by someone you now don't fully trust.

I may be slightly control freaky here but I simply don't like that they list things that were agreed would not be done.

I'm also thinking it might be wiser to have the hemorrhoids banded combined with Botox rather than go all out with banding and LIS. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Re: Having Second Thoughts

Postby ResMePlz » 10 May 2017, 12:42

Maybe it's just a mistake. Call and talk to them and see what they say. As far as Botox or LIS, I had LIS and banding done 3 weeks ago today, and it was the best choice I could have made. I don't know how long you've been dealing with this, but Botox has a lower success chance, as well as complications that could be bad. LIS does also, but I personally knew Botox wouldn't do shit for me since I had been retearing over and over for 8-9 months. I was fed up, I didn't want to waste any more time. The I chose the banding because the pain is minimal and recovery time is shorter then the LIS, so I just got both done. I had stage 2 prolapsed hems and the banding seemed to "cure" it, so I'm grateful for that. Personally I just knew I was done trying to beat this by myself, and my only permanent option was LIS, so I did it. I'm still a little sore, but no more pain going to the bathroom is a fucking godsend. Ultimately it's up to you, but just letting you know that I had both done and I'm in good shape. I was done fucking around and I need my life back. Good luck and keep us posted!
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby patience_and_healing » 10 May 2017, 20:05

I agree, it's​ most likely just a mistake that can be rectified.

ResMePlz: What complications of Botox are you referring to that could be bad? I'm having it done soon, and was told the risk of bad things happening is very low.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby GilmoreGirl » 11 May 2017, 05:38

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this horrible stuff, it certainly is no treat.

Just to add about the Botox - I have not had it but have read lots - and apparently it can aggravate hems and cause lots of swelling for at least a few days. - so maybe it's not a great combo with the banding?

However I have had LIS and I have to say I was quite swollen and the hems I have were quite big for a week after so maybe there's not much difference.
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby Mypoorbutt » 11 May 2017, 05:51

I think the hardest thing is that we are all so very different and no two people will have the same experience. I know people who have gone shopping and to work quite happily the day after Botox, but also people who have been in pain for a few weeks after.
Again my Botox experience was so much better than my LIS experience. Even when my other issues played up. But that is me, there are things that can go wrong with any procedure and side effects from any op.
The same is true of hems I have been offered to have mine banded by a CRS and then been told by 3 other CRS's that it would be pointless as due to my issues and my body they would come back and banding do many would be likely to cause stenosis
It's down to the individual and their CRS to decide what is best for them and as long as the patient doctor relationship is a good one then that's what matters.
I truly wish there was a magic formula that worked for everyone with fissures and hems that we could follow to the exact point and be completely healed. All we can do is try our best and listen to our bodies and our instincts
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20