Had my LIS,haemorrondectomy + tag removal today!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Had my LIS,haemorrondectomy + tag removal today!

Postby ChaosTree » 26 Apr 2017, 08:13

I can't believe it has been a week since my surgery.

What can I tell about the last couple of days. Still sleeping a lot. Not finding a comfortable position to be in when awake.

Pain is minimal around 0-2 from 10. Depends on when I had my last BW. Stopped taking painkillers after day 5 or 6.

In day 6 I had diarhhea on the morning. Luckily had BM only three times that day. So my ass was fine.

Because of diarrhea on the previous day then day 7 didn't have any BM until in the evening around six. It was weird since usually by that time I have gone to the toilet atleast two times in the previous days.

Doing my usual routine of atleast 3 half baths a day (morning, lunch, evening) + diltiazan ointment after that (+ extra baths if I have BM between those). That makes usually 3-5 baths a day for me.

The pain is minimal, I am just feeling pressure/pulling in my ass. Bleeding is minimal to non exsitent.

Worried about on of the skintags/hemoroids that can be seen. I am hoping it is just swelling from post surgery that goes away on its own. I am afraid to try to push anything back in to my ass, since I am not sure if it is an hemmie or just post surgeyr swelling. Don't want to hurt myself by accident.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby ChaosTree » 03 May 2017, 12:22

I can't believe it has already been two weeks since my surgery!

Everyday I feel better.

Still can't sit in a chair for a long time. At home abot 15-25 minutes max. I use that when I have to answer some work mails.

The longest I have sat post surgery was yesterday when I went to the theather, I had tickets I had bought months ago for a sold out play. And I decided to go there and if I can't sit there for that long then I'll just leave in the middle of the play. The play lasted for three hours. I lasted till the end but the second act was hard to sit still. Luckily the theather chair was super soft.

The BM are pain free but take longer now then they did last week. Usually I ache for an hour or two after the BM, but am not in pain.

Still drinking a lot of water, eating fruits, different porridges, toasts with tomatoase or beet salads.

This friday I am going to go for a charity run! Lol, for me more of a charity walk of 5km. We will see if I'll survive. I have done it for the last two years and I don't want to miss it.

Also I had my first long walk on 1 of May. Walked 30 minutes to my destination. An event in my workplace, was there hung out with my coworkers for an hour and half, rested on the couch there and walked back home for 30 minutes. That small trip wiped me out. Usually I walk that distance everyday. This time it felt like I had run a marathon when I got back.

Lol this friday will be interesting!
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Postby ChaosTree » 08 May 2017, 05:36

Went to the charity walk on Friday and walked 5km. It wiped me out but I survived. The hardest was the last km, one of my butt cheeks had a small cramp/spasm but I slowed down and made it to the finish.

On Saturday I went to the cinema to watch the Most recent Marvel movie, managed to sit without trouble for the whole movie.

Yesterday evening I had a small setback. I felt a spasm in one of my buttcheeks (the same one that I felt on the walk) and like something came loose, or moved inside the butt. (Perhaps a dissolved thread?). So after that I am feeling a little pain in my butt that was not there before. Luckily it is not the treaded fissure pain of hell but something is tender and hurting in there. Grrrrrr!

Stilll continuing my daily baths 2-3 times a day. Putting on the prescribed salve of diltiazan. I am starting to get impatient, I want to be healed already! It about 19 days post surgery, soon it will be three weeks.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Postby ChaosTree » 09 May 2017, 12:10

Had another hour long walk yesterday. That has been long walk nr 4 for me. Tomorrow I'll make my longish walk nr 5.

The funny thing is how suddenly my energy gets lost. The first 40 minutes of the walk I was all charged up 100% ready to go, then on the 45 minute mark I feel slightly tired only to feel completly wiped out in less than 10 minutes later. The last 15 minutes were hard only about 1km where I had agreed to meet my dad so he could drive us home.

It was funny how my energy went within 15 minutes from 100% to barely 35%. And I noticed than whenever I get tired it is my left buttock that feels it. I think that is the side I had my lis cut in.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Postby ChaosTree » 20 May 2017, 07:38

I can't believe it has been a month already. Time flies. I went back to work this week, the first day was a bit hard. I got tired from sitting behind my desk two hours before my workday ended. But I survived it and by the the end of the week I had no trouble sitting behind my desk all day.

I am slowly improving everyday. Now it is no trouble in taking 1-2 hour long walk, but a week ago I could walk maximum for an hour before I was wiped out.

I am doing lesser baths since going back to work. Now I usually go and take a sitting bath in the evening before going to sleep. Othervise I keep a warm bottle of water with me to wash with when I go to the toilet. That seems to be working fine. And I am still using diltiazan cream 1-23times a day.

Usually I do ache a bit (for 30minutes to 2 hours maximum) after BM.

I do seem to have one long skin tag/sentinel pile? I am hoping this will get smaller with the passing of time.
Last edited by ChaosTree on 20 May 2017, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Postby zinnia » 20 May 2017, 10:19

wow- that is amazing healing! I had a fistulotomy 6 weeks ago- outside area is doing ok, but opened area across sphincter still hasn't healed (poor blood supply area) and doc is saying that if not better he wants to discuss surgical repair and calling it a fissure...So you had your fissure cut out? I guess I basically had that with fistulotomy.... Anyway- your healing sounds amazing. I am on couch with a heating pad!
zinnia
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby ChaosTree » 21 May 2017, 13:48

Hi Zinnia! I wish you a speedy recovery! Fistulotomy sounds a bit harsher than the LIS (spincerectomy) + haemorrondectomy I had.

My recovery has been going well.

Since I had several things done at once (LIS, hemmie removal & tag removal) I really can't differenate what has been the hardest thing to recover from since they all are were done at the same time.

Luckily my fissure had been behaving and healing relatively well for all the 10 months I was in line to get my surgery. Only I couple of times within the 10 months I had the fissure acting up and was in pain. The prescribed diltiazan cream has been working very well for me. Now I am regretting I didn't fight to have the surgery sooner. I could have been pain free several years earlier than I did.

I am hoping I will not have a setback. Today I have been sick as hell. I don't know if a virus has got me or my undiagonesd gastro thing is acting up but today has been hell. I have an eye migraine and I have been nauseous the whole day, I have thrown up most of the water I drank, threw up the painkiller for the head. So far have kept down the three sushi rolls I managed to eat. And have slept most of the day. I am so hoping this will not hit me with constipation or dirrahea.

Now I am off to sleep again. I am hoping this is a one day thing that doesn't hinder my digestion for long and with that my recovery.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict

Postby zinnia » 21 May 2017, 21:07

I would say what you had done sounds way more involved than fistulotomy, but none of it is fun. O am sorry you are unwell now and hope it is a 24 hour bug.
My question is if your fissure was doing ok how come you decided on LIS? And I have heard that hemm surgery is tough- so you really are doing well! I am inspired :-)
zinnia
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby ChaosTree » 22 May 2017, 08:17

Still nauseous but luckily no headache. Got an appointment with my GP for this Friday. She will decide if it was my undiagnosed gastro thing acting up and I'll need a new prescription of Omep or if it was indeed a virus.

I decided on the LIS since I knew that as soon as I stop using the diltiazan cream I would retear within 2-3 weeks and be in a world of pain.

Since I also had very big outside hemmies and skintags, I would need to have a surgery for them anyway for hygenic reasons. It was very hard to keep clean, because feces as a rule would stick in them, and I had to have a water to wash myself everytime I had BM. Wet wipes were not enough. And having a water bottle with me everytime I went to the toilet has been hard. Especially when I am on a trip or something.

Becase of the prolapsed hemmies and skintags there was no hope for me to not retear my fissure and heal on my own. Only the diltiazan cream was making my life managable & bearable while I waited for my surgery.

So in the long run, surgery for me was unavoidable.

I am so glad I had the surgery. My quality of life went up tremendously. The first week or two post surgery were hard because of all the swelling, but after that it has been only up hill. I hope it continues so.

Like I said since I had the hemmie and LIS surgery at the same time I can't differenate what has been healing hardest. Yeah I am so happy I did the surgery. So far the only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
ChaosTree
Fibre Addict