Running out of options

What next??

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Running out of options

Postby Rusty » 29 May 2017, 09:26

Hello, I have been dealing with af's for 6 years now. At first I thought I was dealing with a hemorrhoid, then the blood and pain convinced me to see a GI doc. Diagnosed as af, a month later I had my first Botox treatment. Immediate relief and no issues for a year. Fissure returned and had second Botox treatment with immediate relief again.
Thought I had really beat it, 4 years later and it starts again. Camping trip leads to uncomfortable bowl movement then blood then pain. Being the stubborn ass I can be I hid the symptoms from my wife and tried to self medicate. Needless to say it got worse and worse. I would dread bowel movements and try to put them off as long as possible or planned them around activities. I knew after a bathroom trip it would lead to at least eight hours of pain. After six months of suffering went back to doctor and received third Botox treatment. Unfortunately I think I waited too long the Botox seemed to have no effect or possibly even made things worse. At this point the pain is nonstop and completely consuming my life. Doc wants to try Botox again but can't do it for a month. I haven't worked in a week, I just lay in bed... no improvement. I am currently taking bathes with coconut oil added, using heating pad, have lido cream, anucort suppository. Take miralax twice a day and dulcoease three times. 2400 ibuprofen.
And with all this I continue to spiral down. Pain so bad I went to emergency room and of course they blew me off with a prescription for pain meds. Pain meds don't touch this pain!!!! Help
Rusty

Topics: 1

Re: Running out of options

Postby Mypoorbutt » 29 May 2017, 11:12

This is the most agonising pain ever....childbirth doesn't come close and my IBS and crohns are nothing in comparison to the dreaded spasms.
Have you asked for some gabapentin I tried every kind of painkillers but only the gabapentin actually made any difference. It really does help it doesn't get rid of the spasms completely but in my case took them down from an 8 to a 4 so I could carry on with my life. Also maybe some GTN or diliatzem to help too.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Canadabum » 29 May 2017, 13:32

Rusty -- any reason you are not looking in to LIS?
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Rusty » 29 May 2017, 18:44

It was supposed to be last resort..I think I'm there!!!
Rusty

Topics: 1

Postby hurtinend » 29 May 2017, 19:54

sorry you are suffering

Going to emergency with fissure pain is like playing the lottery....you don't have a chance. (I've done it several times, the docs don't consider it serious and get rid of you).

This condition can be completely debilitating.

I wish you better days.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Canadabum » 29 May 2017, 20:06

You've lasted 6 years without -- I was just recommended LIS after about 2.5 years and was even told I was healed.

Your last resort may end up being exactly what you need - obviously consult a crs for advice.
Canadabum

Topics: 19