Blood 1.5 months after LIS?

How long do you bleed??

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Blood 1.5 months after LIS?

Postby ResMePlz » 30 May 2017, 15:06

I'm 6-7 weeks post op (lost count). It's to the point where I crap, wash up, dry off, and I'm good to go with only minor irritation still from the incision site for about an hour, no pain really. Still to this day my poop is soaked in blood and drips out of my butt into the toilet. Before LIS this would mean the fissure ripped again and I was in for a bad week.
I get no pain any different from if I go without blood. I haven't actually felt the fissure since LIS, only the incision site. Other things to note is I had 2 hems banded that were prolapsed that don't pop out anymore, and also he did a fissurectomy. I'm thinking maybe it's the hems since my poop is soaked in blood instead of there just being a strip like when the fissure was ripped?

Anyone still getting regular bleeding 1.5-2 months after LIS?
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Blood 1.5 months after LIS?

Postby AJStyles » 30 May 2017, 15:33

i dont have any blood, are you sure the blood comes from the fissure and not from the surgery wound? But be happy that you have no pain...i think thats the most important thing. You use the squatty potty too right? how long are you sitting on the toilet when taking a shit? Did the squatty help you to reduce the time sitting on the toilet?
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby ResMePlz » 30 May 2017, 15:57

Nope it's not from the incision site because I can see it and it's not open. Not even sure it's from the fissure because I have no feeling of it at all. I have been eating kinda shitty and went on a binge, but I've had off and on bleeding since surgery. I'm gonna try to stop eating bad stuff (I'm still nowhere near constipated, all my shit is soft) and see if it stops.

I went from being constipated really bad for 8 years to pooping normal. So my time went from 30 mins on the toilet to under 2 minutes now. Not sure the squatty potty helped that because now I go normally, but most times I barely even have to push and everything slides right out. Despite this, there's still blood. It definitely makes going a lot smoother because it just slides out.
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby AJStyles » 30 May 2017, 16:18

Weird. What is "bad stuff" to eat? I eat pretty much everything except for spicy shit. I had hard BM yesterday and Today, even tho i took some movicol today. Hurt like a bitch. Those 2 days were the only days where i had such a hard BM. Its weird..so yeah, what stuff to eat should i avoid? I eat chocolate everyday, not ultra much but still
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?