Squatty Potty?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Squatty Potty?

Postby AJStyles » 31 May 2017, 11:05

Hmmm guys...i dont really know why im sitting so long. Its like all coming out at first..all going smooth..and then maybe a little bit more after 10 minutes...and then i just got the feeling that i am not finished. Feeling like theres a small piece still stuck in there. So i am sitting..and sitting..and sitting...and nothing comes out. I think i tried to finish once in 15 minutes, i stood up and i had huge pain. Gonna see my doc tomorrow finally...will ask him about this
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Mypoorbutt » 31 May 2017, 11:14

Yes I would ask your DR as it seems like you don't need to be sat there that long as nothing else comes out. Instead of sitting on the toilet could you sit over the bath and place a shower head on warm or hot over the area. It should relax the sphincter and if you stay there 2/5 mins might be a mid stop between the toilet and just getting off. Also if something did happen to come out then it's not the end of the world
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby AJStyles » 01 Jun 2017, 15:17

Hey guys i talked with the doc about it today and he told me its definintely too much and i should spend 5 - 10 Minutes max on the toilet not more. I dont know how i should do that i think i will try to reduce the time step for step from 30 to 20 min and then from 20 to 15 min and maybe then finally to 10 min, dont think i can ever finish in 5minutes tbh but we'll see lol
AJStyles
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Jun 2017, 15:23

Yes that's a good idea would probably be too much to do it in one go.
I wouldn't have thought that I could get down the amount of time I spent on the toilet, but it is possible just patience that's all.
Maybe wait till it feels like your about to have an accident then like you say get off after 20 mins to start with
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20