Every day sucks

Need help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Every day sucks

Postby Sgsh24 » 01 Jun 2017, 01:09

Hi, I'm new here but have been reading posts for weeks.
I've suffered with unbearable anal itching for over a decade. I went to the proctologist in 2007 and was told it was probably an allergic reaction to something. I switched to dove soap and dye/fragrance free everything. That seemed to help for a bit but the itching slowly returned. Earlier this yr i was diagnosed with a fissure. I used Dialtzepam (sp?), tried fasting for 5 days, switched to a leafy green diet with no red meats... nothing has worked and in fact it's gotten worse and I now have a fistula. I've been recommended to have a fissurectomy and sphincterectomy but don't want surgery. I get a 2nd opinion Monday.
The pain is mostly tolerable esp with the new diet, but the itching is unbearable. I wake up in the early morning finding myself itching and unable to go back to sleep. This has been ongoing for way too long and I don't know what to do.i wipe gently, stay clean, use baths and now use vagisil to help w the itch.
This site has been helpful, just knowing I'm not alone in this horrible, embarrassing situation makes me feel better, but I'm still scared. I don't want to undergo surgery but feel like there's no other option. Does anyone have advice?
Sgsh24
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Every day sucks

Postby dmcff » 01 Jun 2017, 02:37

All I can say is, I think I know how it feels, and you have my complete sympathy. I've been trying to postpone/avoid surgery by using anti-convulsants and GTN, but some days/nights are so bad I get the feeling that something more radical is needed. I am currently weighing up whether to ask my GP to refer me to a CRS for the umpteenth time. I do have a fear of surgery, though.

The important thing, IMO, is to value the moments when the pain is not so bad, and when it is bad remember that others are going through something similar, if not worse.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby hurtinend » 01 Jun 2017, 19:29

An ointment called Calmoseptine has helped me with itching etc. If you can't get it from a pharmacy, you can order it on Amazon. It won't cure the problem but it help you manage.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Sgsh24 » 01 Jun 2017, 21:56

Thanks so much for the help!
I will try the calmoseptine!
Sgsh24
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Asspainsorebutt » 03 Jun 2017, 10:03

For itching try vitamin e. I recommend one called Jasons Vitamine E face antiaging cream. It has 25000IU of vitamin e with aloe in it also. Helps eczema a ton, helps your skin heal. It was helpful for healing the fissure at times too.
Asspainsorebutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Asspainsorebutt » 03 Jun 2017, 10:04

Asspainsorebutt
Fibre Addict

Postby Asspainsorebutt » 03 Jun 2017, 10:11

When I had success with my fissure before it got worse, i was using tripple antibiotic ointment with pain killer in it, plus the vitamin e cream, and nifedipine ointment. Also diaper rash vitamin a+d ointment is very helpful especially if it has zinc in it.
Asspainsorebutt
Fibre Addict

Postby Asspainsorebutt » 03 Jun 2017, 10:12

When I had success with my fissure before it got worse, i was using tripple antibiotic ointment with pain killer in it, plus the vitamin e cream, and nifedipine ointment. Also diaper rash vitamin a+d ointment is very helpful especially if it has zinc in it.
Asspainsorebutt
Fibre Addict