op tomorrow

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: op tomorrow

Postby mojo » 07 Jun 2017, 16:02

My previous posts beginning was the reply to Harper who asked me about jogging. Day 10 post op when I started jogging again with no probs!
mojo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 08 Jun 2017, 21:11

How are you doing mojo? Does anyone on here know how successful fissurectomy and botox together are lis is the last resort here in nz. Also i don't really have spasms so I'm worried that after they cut the fissure more an make it bigger or deeper maybe I mite start getting spasms after surgery??
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2017, 02:24

When they do a fissurectomy they won't make it deeper or bigger they use a laser to clean away scar tissue your looking at less than a millimetre usually so although it may make it sting more for a day or so it shouldn't cause any spasms
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby missy moo » 09 Jun 2017, 04:01

Ok I see thanks why do some people get spasms an some don't then? Lately I've been getting what feels like nerve pain I'd love to be able to heal this by myself have you heard of anyone healing themselves after 3+ years of fissure on an off monthly with a skin tag? I don't know why but I'm scared of making it worse like better with the devil you know then the devil you don't I have alot of anxiety most of my life so this maybe why I'm super scared and over thinking everything. Sorry for being a questioning pain! But to have pros like you make people like me not feel alone and give us hope knowledge is power an that's what you guys give if this site has been a life saver for so many people I'm so greatful to who ever put it together.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Jun 2017, 05:07

I can report that it stings after BMs on day three after the surgery. It's similar to what it's like with a fresh fissure until you've cleaned off.

Regarding spasms. This is my fourth fissure and it's the first time I've had spasms lasting hours. The sphincter tries to spasm again post Botox and fissurectomy (and tag removal) whereas I was completely pain free for four weeks prior to the surgery. It's uncomfortable rather than painful. I'd recommend going for Botox and fissurectomy if your fissure won't heal on its own. It's unlikely you'll get spasms after surgery if you've not had them before.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby missy moo » 09 Jun 2017, 21:15

Thanks mine fissure has healed then retorn every month or two for the last 3.5 years but it healed for 5 months while I was pregnant so it can heal but then it retears must be the weak scar?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 09 Jun 2017, 22:24

Will the fissurectomy allow for larger bms because I don't want to have to make my bms super soft everyday
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 10 Jun 2017, 03:18

Also did you have spasms anytime before the op or just after? Thanks hope your feeling better : )
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bum_UK » 10 Jun 2017, 03:42

I have no idea whether the fissurectomy allows for bigger BMs. My BMs haven't yet normalised after the surgery. Too much information but they were unshaped bits yesterday as was the BM this morning. My CRS said that I can't EVER get constipated as the fissure will come back then.

I did have spasms the first month or so after the fissure recurred. I went for a short car ride today for the first time since the surgery and it was ok. I sit on a pillow on the sofa at the moment and it's ok. It's slightly uncomfortable but not painful. I get kind of mini-spasms or something like that when I get up after sitting down. It's nowhere near as bad as fissure pain when it's bad. I've only taken one 500mg paracetamol today. I don't think it helps but I take one anyway. I make a point of not taking anything stronger as you expect some discomfort after surgery and if I can deal with it without painkillers that's good. Discomfort and pain is very individual so someone else might find it very painful or not painful at all.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby missy moo » 10 Jun 2017, 18:32

That's what really scares me I can't gareentee that after surgery I'll never ever get constipated again it sometimes just happens an it happens to everyone even stress can cause it. Can you describe the fissure pain to you vs the now pain an a scale of 1-10
missy moo
King Fissure