op tomorrow

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: op tomorrow

Postby Bum_UK » 13 Jun 2017, 15:01

I had virtually healed with diltiazem prior to my surgery. It took around four weeks to notice a real difference. The only reason I went through with the surgery was to remove the sentinel pile. I'd have left it had I not wanted it gone as I had been totally painfree for four weeks prior to the surgery.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2017, 20:25

Did the skin tag not go away when the fissure healed?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Bum_UK » 14 Jun 2017, 02:47

It did not. It has been there for the last few years but it got a lot bigger after the fissure re-tore in late March.

I'd recommend getting rid of it when you have the fissurectomy and Botox. If you don't heal with the diltiazem prior to that.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 14 Jun 2017, 10:58

Thanks I've noticed every time my fissure is closed the skin tag goes away an when ever the fissure isnt super angry the tag calms down alot to the point where I can touch it an it doesn't hurt maybe I can heal with the diltiazem cream alone
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Bum_UK » 14 Jun 2017, 11:19

Try the diltiazem for eight weeks and see if that sorts you out. I got a rash after having used diltiazem for six weeks but some can use it for a long time without any problems at all.

It's always best to try less invasive measures first but if you end up having Botox and fissurectomy have the skin tag removed too.

I'm in better spirits today. I took an ibuprofen after my first BM today and I don't know if it helped or not but I've not had any spasms today. Slight discomfort but nothing major and I've been sitting down all day except half an hour in the morning. My BMs are still uncomfortable and it burns at the fissurectomy site after BMs and it keeps burning for a while after as well.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 11 Sep 2017, 02:08

Hi how are you doing now an how long after the op I've been using ditezam for 4 months straight but only the last8 weeks have been pain free back to my old self could sit jump run everything then today the last day of the 8th week bam it's back now what do I do? The first bit of my bm was a bit harder but it's handled that here an there before anyway but not today now I've lost all hope!!
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 17 Jan 2018, 17:25

Hi bum_uk how are you I'm booked for clean U of fissure an Botox I'm really scared!
missy moo
King Fissure