4 mos post LIS with P.L.S

Still not healed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

4 mos post LIS with P.L.S

Postby Sal7864 » 20 Jun 2017, 20:12

Hi, i had the surgery on 2/10/17 and 4 + months later still only 90% healed , doctor tried silver nitrate but didn't help it, now he wants to see me at the end of July and might want to try a procedure that supposedly takes 5 minutes to promote the healing but I am very reluctant to do so since I had so much trouble with the surgery , I had an abscess develop which delayed the healing. Plus this procedure wouldrequire me to be under full anesthesia which I'm not crazy about. Did say it's very minor that I would be able to have it on a Friday no back to work on a Monday, wonder if anyone on this board has had this procedure after the procedure done?

I'm hoping the healing further progresses by time I see him I'd rather not do this surgery if I can help it. I lost 30 lbs over this ordeal I can't afford to lose anymore in case this thing doesn't go right. In April he was pleased with my progress but when I went to see him last month he was getting a little frustrated when it was taking so long to heal, any thoughts at coconut oil I've heard it might help?

Just wondering how long it is taking other people to heal at this is uncommon or common not sure. Second issue of still having leakage after bowel movements it's not a lot but enough for I have to wear a small barrier, it's worse if the stools are soft side not as bad if they're a little bit harder, but not too hard just wondering if anybody else's experience but I've been going. Been using Balenol to wipe with it's been a godsend. I would like to from my stools little bit more not too hard but hard enough where comes out pretty clean with minimal wiping, sorry if this sounds gross

Thougts apprecited
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: 4 mos post LIS with P.L.S

Postby chachacha » 20 Jun 2017, 22:25

Do you know what surgery he plans to do? And what is P.L.S.? Is that the procedure?
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Sal7864 » 21 Jun 2017, 05:54

He says it's just a clean the wound out to help it heal faster and PLS is partial lateral sphincterotomy
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby Tbooty » 21 Jun 2017, 08:42

Do you have an autoimmune disorder? I do, and it cause delayed healing, which I've only just begun to remedy with a plant based diet. My surgery (Hemorrhoidectomy) was March 17, and my stitches dissolved but wound was still open and couldn't be restitched. Then my old fissure (LIS 4 yrs ago) came back as well. As is everyone with these issues, I've been in hell. With my first LIS, I healed in about 3 weeks.

When I went back to the doctor 10 days after the hemorrhoidectomy, and he saw that I was still open, he said it was a complication only 1% have, and it was almost always autoimmune. I knew I had an autoimmune disorder, but didn't think it would cause this terrible complication, dragging out my recovery into months.

Just wondering if this may be your issue too....?
Tbooty
Fibre Addict

Postby Sal7864 » 21 Jun 2017, 08:55

I was tested and found to have low IGA , so maybe that's it. I'm going to see an immunologist July 13th to confirm, maybe that is the answer. So if that's the case I wonder if it 2nd procedure is even going to help any?
Thank you for your reply, and are you fully healed now?
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby Sal7864 » 21 Jun 2017, 09:16

Also has your autoimmune disease affected your appetite at all in your bowel movements? Another thing is I can't seem to gain weight and kind of keeping it a steady weight not losing but can't seem to gain
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby Tbooty » 25 Jun 2017, 10:14

I'm almost afraid to say yes, that I'm fully healed because I could re-tear. But I've been without pain/blood for 3-4 weeks now.

I lost weight due to the hemorrhoidectomy/fissure, which I've not gained back. But I likely will. My autoimmune dysfunction doesn't cause weight loss on its own. My IBS, when it shows up as diarrhea, can cause weight loss tho.

Being stressed about your health is probably keeping you from gaining weight....maybe? This is a question for your doc. It could be a lot of things, I imagine.

Hope you are feeling ok today.
Tbooty
Fibre Addict

Postby Sal7864 » 25 Jun 2017, 11:02

I lost 30 lbs due to the same issue. I do eat , maybe not as much junk as before, but I am going to go back to the way I ate before all this and see if I can put some weight back on. Is your autoimmune IG related as well, if you don't mind me asking? I hope to get some answers on the 13th. I do not have IBS or Crones . My energy is good, even though I went from 174 to 144, and I feel OK otherwise, so not showing and symptoms of anything really. Plus I read that most people with low iga show no symptoms and have no issues. I just want this damn think to finish healing and stop leaking, it's not a lot but enough to have to blotter , and it has improved to about 92% ,but it's been slow. How long did it take from start to finish to heal?
Thanks again
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby Sal7864 » 27 Jun 2017, 14:40

I know this sounds kind of gross but do you have an issue with stools that are a bit messy to clean up? Sometimes I can wipe for 10 minutes and still might get it clean , it's not a real soft it's just up enough to make it hard to clean of course that could be because my fissure not healed yet is why it's not easy to clean and still leaks slightly
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby Tbooty » 27 Jun 2017, 19:50

To answer your questions, my autoimmune disorder is still undiagnosed as a particular one. I've had several docs say that I have immuno-dysfunction and I've been tested for several, all of which I failed to hit all the markers for. However, even though I was tested for Crohn's once before, my colorectal surgeon believes it could be Crohn's. He said I'd have to be in "flair" for it to get diagnosed. I pray it's not Crohn's.

It took about 3+ months for me to heal.

As far as messy wiping, I know what you mean. I think part of the issue is not being able to fully eliminate the poo. I wet TP and press it against my rectum over and over, alternating with dry TP, until I feel sufficiently clean. But sometimes I have to live with the fact that there will be a spot on the TP regardless of how many dabs I do. Ahhh the joys of anal issues!!!
Tbooty
Fibre Addict