First time Fissure

fissure pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

First time Fissure

Postby Jshields01 » 24 Jun 2017, 22:41

Hello, I'm 40 years old and new to this forum. After reading some post online I wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else has or had similar systems I'm going through. My symptoms all stared back 6 months ago with constipation. I was at my best friends wedding when that day for some reason I had constipation which I never had before. I remember having the bloating and cramping feeling all day of constantly straining and nothing. Since then months later I am left with this awful stabbing sharp pain that just radiates into my buttocks and legs. Never in my life have I've ever felt so much pain and the occasional feeling of defacating with nothing to avail but a few drops of blood and mucus. This has been ongoing for months. Not sure what happened but my life was normal until this all changed in a day. The condition has dominated my life every day. I wake up every morning with the since of dread of another day of pain and urgencies to poo. Recently I went to my GI doctor who did in fact say that he was certain I had a fissure without doing any test. He gave me some cream to help relax the anal muscle to put on twice daily for 2 weeks. Later after leaving his office me and my wife left to eat diner. On the way to the restaurant I felt a sensation of gas only to result in more than that. It felt as if I had messed in my underwear. I went into the restroom and found that my underwear was soiled in blood a lot of blood with grape jelly looking clots of blood afterwards I had nothing but a lot of gas. This scared me to death. The next day my pain had increased. It's been two days now and the pain is awful for hours after bowel movements. Sometimes even without bowel movements it still hurts. The sensation of a tingle in my bottom end and legs start to tingle before going to the restroom. The cream has only been applied for 2 days now so I'm hoping it works. As for now pain meds and 5 to 8 hot baths a day are the only since of ease I can get. Please comment if you've had similar stories it sure would help my anxiety lol.
Jshields01

Topics: 1

Re: First time Fissure

Postby Rosco9 » 06 Jul 2017, 16:20

You can try the nitro or diltiazem cream your doctor gave you, but those heal the fissure indirectly. Much faster approach is

1-take Miralax daily, along with magnesium citrate if you need it, these will keep your stool like soft serve ice cream no matter what you eat.

2) put petroleum jelly in your bum with your finger before every bowel movement, this will lubricate and prevent tearing of the fissure

3) squat on the rim of toilet or buy a squattie potty, this straightens your digestive tract and makes you not need to push or strain as much

4) buy desitin 40‰ zinc oxide cream and start applying with a q tip directly into the fissure cut itself after bowel movements and before bed. This speeds up skin renewal significantly and will heal the fissure in just a few days (seriously) if you also follow the above steps. Continue with the poletroleum jelly every bm for a few months atleast and you shouldn't have another fissure
Rosco9
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Jshields01 » 06 Jul 2017, 21:40

Thanks so much it's now almost week two into the cream treatment that they had given me to really no avail. I still have the pain with occasional jolts of what feels like an electric charge that shoots from time to time. Only difference I can see that has been a change is the bleeding has almost stopped but the pain and the feeling of having to go when there's nothing there is still hanging around. Seems worse at night interfering with my sleep. I'm going to try your remedy everything I have tried doesn't seem to help as much. Thank you for taking the time out to help me with this matter.
Jshields01

Topics: 1

Postby Rosco9 » 07 Jul 2017, 14:44

I've also experienced the shooting electric pains before, lots of nerve endings there. many times a very deep fissure will bleed less than a much smaller fissure, seems counter intuitive. The deeper the fissure the more it will tend to cause a deep radiating aching pain when sitting, for many hours after bowel movements. Smaller fissures will bleed more and burn and sting more. Get your bowel movements as soft as possible with Miralax, if flexible enough insert petroleum into your Rectum with your little finger it will prevent daily re-tears which are the #1 reason fissures take so long to heal. Use your prescribed cream at least 10 min. Before bowel movements to relax the spasms, and then apply the desitin directly into the fissure cut, this is what will actually heal the fissure itself.
Rosco9
Fibre Addict

Postby Rosco9 » 07 Jul 2017, 14:47

If it wasnt clear, use your medication cream, use petroleum right before bowel movement, clean with wet toilet paper thoroughly, apply desitin, and re-apply as often as possible, especially right before bed time.
Rosco9
Fibre Addict